IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30, 2021 1:37 PM
“All i had was a veggie pita with garlic aoli. Not sure if maybe the aoli was bad. Service was a bit lax but my bf also got a panini with aoli and he said his stomach was feeling wierd that day too. He also had the aoli and veggies on his sandwhich but my symptoms are lasting much longer than his. ”
February 25, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Feb 19, 2021
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: person in charge does not have a city of chicago sanitation certificate. Priority foundation violation no citation issued
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate... - comments: found no certified food manager on site while tcs foods (soups, sandwiches, panini etc) are being pprepared and served. Instructed person in charge, a certified food manager with city of chicago foodservice sanitation certificate must be present at all times whan handling tcs foods. And certificates must be posted on premise. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012 citation issued
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: found no employee health policy/training on site. Instructed to provide a signed employee health policy for each employee. Priority foundation violation 7-38-010 no citation issued
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: found no handsoap available at handsink in front prep and in rear prep area. Instructed to provide. (corrected on site) priority foundation violation 7-38-030 (c) citation issued
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand drying device or paper towel available at handsink in front prep area. Instructed to provide. (corrected on site) priority foundation 7-38-030 (c) no citation issued. (consolidated with the above citation).
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: observed improper thawing pocedure on frozen soup. Instructed management, thawing must occur under refrigeration that maintains the food temperature at 41. 0f or less or completely submerged under running water or thawed in a microwave oven and immediately transferred to conventional cooking equipment with no interruption in the process. Instructed to maintain correct thawing procedures.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: instructed to provide thermometer visible inside all reach-in coolers.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: noted prepackaged soup on display cooler with missing ingredients. Instructed to provide. (if made from two or more ingredients, a list of ingredients and subingredients in descending order. Predominance by weight).
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: instructed to rodent proofed bottom of front entrance and rear exit door.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed food boxes/containers in basement dry storage area are stored under some exposed sewage pipes. Food containers must be remove from some exposed sewage pipes or properly enclose sewer lines that are not shielded to intercept potential drips. Instructed to properly enclose sewer lines that are not shielded to intercept potential drips or remove the said boxes.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: instructed to provide 3 working drain stoppers for 3 compartment sink.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: backflow preventer device not located behind coffee machine in rear prep area instructed to install so that it can be located to be serviced and maintained.
54. Garbage & refuse properly disposed; facilities maintained
- comments: instructed to provide lid/cover for garbage receptacle in serving area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to clean and maintain ceiling vent cover inside washroom.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: food handler (s) with no proof of food handler training certificate. Instructed to provide certificate for each employee.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: found no approved allergen training certificate in accordance with pa 100-0367 on site. Instructed any person with city of chicago food service sanitation certificate to comply with allergen training certification.
59. Previous priority foundation violation corrected
- comments: previous priority foundation violation not corrected from inspection report# 2362787 issued on 02-24-2020. Violation #56 not corrected - observed reheating soups using gas stove without proper ventilation. Instructed to provide proper ventilation above gas stove in rear prep area. Issued 2 day notice priority violation 7-42-090 citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
February 24, 2021 11:49 PM
“i ate some tomato mozerella panini and afterwards i was violently ill and threw up profusely all day with intense pain. these foods must be frozen and reheated poorly ”
February 23, 2021 12:47 PM
“Menu panini savoyard and cookie chocolate hazelnut eaten this 23 February 2021 at 2:30pm.
Stomach cramps around 3:30pm and vomit around 5:30pm. ”
October 24, 2020 12:12 PM
“I ate the breakfast panini for supper and was extremely ill less than 3 hours later. It didn’t seem very fresh at the time, but because it was grilled it was hard to tell for sure. Will definitely not being eating there again. ”
October 16, 2020 10:10 AM
“tomato mozzarella panini made me throw up. i think due to the pandemic maybe they don’t switch them out as often because less busy? idk but i usually get those and feel fine and i’m sure it was that cause i ate other food too and all i saw was the panini come out. feel better now hopefully i’m ok lo... l ”
August 28, 2020 3:50 PM
“I got the vegetarian panini which came with a simple side salad. Could have been either or both. I ate the food yesterday afternoon and the symptoms started late this morning. Mainly diarrhea but a little vomiting. ”
July 26, 2020 10:41 AM
“I ate the veggie panini (with mozzarella cheese) and woke up this morning with a raging headache and threw up the panini on and off for an hour. ”
March 18, 2020 5:43 PM
“I ate at the same time as drinking but ate my panini just before. This is the second time they has made me feel incredibly ill however this time it was so much worse. I ordered a small cappuccino about 30 minutes later I started to feel ill and ended up feeling drowsy nauseas and I couldn’t sleep it... off. It’s now been 10 hours and I’ve since passed out and projectile vomited And also Had a fever. I drink coffee everyday and this never occurres. I also have immense stomach pain. ”
March 6, 2020 9:20 PM
“I ate the mozzarella panini and a medium mocha around 7 pm today. I didn't have anything else to eat after that. Started feeling nauseous around 7.30 immediately after the mocha. Ended up vomitting at 1 am. It's 2 am now and I'm still nauseous. ”