IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 27, 2021 3:22 AM
“Terriyaki chiken top on lomain noodle from ready to go area + fresh fuji apple joice near cut fresh fruit, got me sick 15 minutes after eating. I had diarrhea from 8pm and it keep going all night till next day! Never in my life, it is the worst thing! :( ”
February 8, 2021 5:00 PM
“Company name: Shenandoah Growers, Inc
Brand name: Simple Truth, That’s Tasty, Shenandoah Growers
Product recalled: Basil
Reason of the recall: Potential Cyclospora contamination
FDA Recall date: February 08, 2021
Recall details: Shenandoah Growers, Inc (Harrisonburg, VA) out of an abundance of... caution, has issued a limited, voluntary recall of approximately 3240 units of branded fresh cut, packaged organic basil clamshells packed at its Indianapolis, Indiana location due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
Cyclosporiasis is an intestinal infection caused by the Cyclospora parasite. A person may become infected after ingesting contaminated food or water. Common symptoms include severe abdominal pain, watery diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, body aches and fatigue. The infection is treated with antibiotics and most people respond quickly to treatment.
Only the following specific lot codes are affected: PV40515 1034 | PV40515 3034 | PV40515 4034 | PV40515 3035. The affected product has a country of origin of Colombia and was harvested entirely from Puerto Vallarta Herbs SAS (Farm) and imported by Vallarta Organics LLC dba Organic Destiny (Importer). Affected lot codes shipped:
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (2.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02143-2. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00141-0. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- That’s Tasty (Pasta Blend). (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-52008-9. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- That’s Tasty. (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-50502-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (1 lb.). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Simple Truth. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 4034. UPC: 0-11110-00876-3. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Kroger
That’s Tasty. (0.25 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02515-7. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- That’s Tasty. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3035. UPC: 7-68573-53001-9. Pack Date: 2/4/2021. Location: Schnucks
Recalled products were distributed to select retail stores between 2/3/2021 to 2/4/2021 in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
This recall notification is being issued due to a single instance in which a sample of bulk product was pulled at the port of entry in Miami and tested by the FDA as part of routine surveillance and indicated the potential presence of Cyclospora.
Affected Shenandoah Growers customers have been notified of the recall and instructed to immediately remove and discard recalled products from all store shelves, distribution and other inventories to ensure they are no longer available for sale or consumption.
The Shenandoah Growers recall includes only those clamshells of certified organic basil clearly marked with the affected lot codes listed above. The lot code can be found printed on each clamshell.
No other Shenandoah Growers products are subject to recall, and the company has no knowledge of any illness reported or related to this product to date.
Consumers who may have a recalled basil product should discard it immediately and not eat it. Consumers with questions, or to obtain refunds, may contact the Shenandoah Growers Consumer Response Center at 844-896-6939 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
February 7, 2021 5:09 PM
“I suffered from severe food poisoning from this restaurant. I ate the full chicken on 4 Feb 2021 lunch time. To make it clear I am sure this was the source of the poisoning as it was my only main meal for the day. From that evening I had food poisoning symptoms and it lasted 2 days. Continuous sev... ere diarrhoea and vomiting to the point that whatever I tried eating, I threw up again(including fruit juices). I became very dehydrated and weak, even phoned my local emergency room for advice late at night. I phoned the restaurant when I felt better and I was shocked by their staff's response. I asked for the manager, the lady said the manager was not in and asked what was the problem. I told her exactly what happened, and without investigating a thing or even giving an apology, says something along the lines of "I find that hard to believe". She then said she would get the manager to phone me back and put the phone down. No one called me back. I was so shocked, I didn't want anything from the restaurant, all I wanted was to stop them from poisoning anybody else. The staff is obviously incompetent in customer service. ”
February 1, 2021 6:48 PM
“I have had diarrhea at least 3 times from this grocery store, eating pre-cooked sushi on a tray wrapped in plastic, and pre-cooked steam rice bowls. Also, yogurt drinks sometimes expired.
On January 29th 2021, I was going there for fruits, but I was so hungry and needed fast food. It has been so... long I forgot the last time I had diarrhea from the sushi wrap package. So I bought one package from their counter. The next day, I had extremely bad food poison and still sick. I regret to have ate it. I would never buy any food here again. Except fruits and veggies. I have been having very bad diarrhea a lot of brown water coming out, and I could not go to sleep and feel really really sick.
They need to check for expired food, and also should not leave food on the counter, instead of in the refrigerator. ”
January 30, 2021 4:03 AM
“This was back in 2016 so I don’t remember everything. It was the sickest I have ever been in my life. Symptoms started on the plane ride home after a several day stay. I had to go to the urgent care for IV fluids and antiemetics. Nausea, vomiting, headache, severe sore throat, chills. I felt like I... was dying. It was a company trip and many others got sick as well.
I ate at several of the restaurants there, I including the buffet. I didn’t drink any alcohol and the only meat I had the entire time was bacon. I had fruits, vegetables, bottled water, and various carbs (don’t remember exactly what).
I also got severe hives across my entire torso on day 2 after spending 10 min in the ocean at the beach of the resort. I have aquagenic urticaria but I have never ever had a reaction that severe to any other body of water. ”
January 27, 2021 9:54 PM
“Fast food. I ate BBQ Crispy Chicken Sandwich with mayo, lettuce, and tomato; large order of mozzarella sticks with marinara; medium onion ring with honey mustard; and a medium Hi-C Fruit Punch drink. It is duly noted that I consumed all of the food I have listed here and a majority of my drink. I g... ot food at 5pm then ate it when I got home by 5:30pm. Then I felt like I had the urge to throw up off and on increasingly until 9:30pm. I thought it was gas and I tried to burp to feel better. I already had a bit of a tickle in my throat and some phlegm which lead to some persistent coughing mixed with the previous urges to throw up resulting in at least 4 projectile vomiting episodes between 9:30 and 10pm. Today ”
January 26, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Jan 20, 2021
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: noted no thermometers inside refrigeration unit conspicuously posted to monitor the ambient temperature of equipment. Instructed to equip all refrigeration units with accurate and working thermometer.
47. Food & non-... food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: noted torn rubber gasket inside door of the deli walk in cooler. Instructed to detail repair and maintain and/or replace.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: noted ice build up inside the walk in cooler on the floor and door of the bakery walk in cooler and dairy walk in cooler. Instructed to repair and maintain the condensation units.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean the rails of the hot holding unit with food debris, grease and particles. Must also clean and maintain interior of unused service cooler at the deli prep area. Also noted dirt, produce stains and dried liquids on shelves at the meat display coolers and where ever necessary.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: noted leaking faucets at the following areas:- - 3 compartment sink at the deli prep area - 2 compartment sink at the rear deli prep area - at the bottom piping underneath the hand wash sink at the rear deli prep area - leakage at the knobs (used to turn on water) and pipe connecting to the water hose at the fruits and vegetable prep area. Instructed to repair and maintain.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: noted wash rooms on premise with garbage receptacles and no lids. Instructed to provide trash cans with lids at all women wash rooms and unisex wash rooms.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and maintain floors at the following areas:- - floors underneath and behind cooking stove and oven at the deli front prep area with grease, debris and food particles on the floor and walls. -floors along wall base and underneath equipment at the food and dry storage area. -maintain dry floors at the especially at the meat prep cooler and areas with leaking pipes. - noted missing tiles and cracks on floor at the display area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: noted loose coving on wall by the rear walk in freeze. Instructed to install the coving for the walls.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: noted accumulated dust and dirt on vents through out the food display coolers. Must clean and maintain
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: noted heavy clutter on the second floor food/dry storage area. Instructed to clean, organize and/or remove all unnecessary articles to prevent hiding places for pest.
Source: chicago.gov ”
January 24, 2021 3:21 AM
“I took the prepacked cup of pomegranates seeds to work but didn’t eat them until 6 hrs later. I did not have them in the fridge for that time. When I did eat them, I noted a tangy fermenting flavour. I felt bloating almost immediately, the rest of the day and had a very restless night. In the a.... m. I had diarrhea and thought that things had passed. However, for the last 3 nights I wake up with gas and lower stomach discomfort. No further diarrhea, but a recurring bloating and discomfort... could this fermenting fruit harbour bacteria or something that would cause further/future gut issues. ”
January 21, 2021 5:05 PM
“chilli okay so.. we went there to get ingredients for frito pie (which is fritos, chili and onions). i ate it and i was fine and everything was normal.. but later that night i threw up all the chili. i felt better and my step mom told me something she throws up chili and that it makes her stomach up... set too. well the next morning i wake up and i feel fine, perfect even. i eat some fruit and i immediately start to feel sick again. it felt like my whole body was aching and my stomach hurt really bad. i started crying because i didn’t know what it was and my dad gave me a cold rag on my head and told me to lay down. i took some medicine and i fell asleep. i woke up the next morning with a small fever and had the same feelings but worse. i took another nap and when i woke up the fever was gone, so i ate chicken noodle soup. the next few days were very weird though. i would get muscle aches on my inner elbow, neck and legs, and when i would go outside to hang out i would get tired super fast and always had to be sitting down. a few days passed and i felt a little better. i went back home to my moms house and went about my day, but now im experiencing different things. i start to feel nauseous a lot, like before i eat and just in general when i think of certain foods. i keep losing weight and i can barely get a meal down without feeling full.. it’s like I’ll be really hungry and my stomach would be growling but when i go to eat, i eat a few bites and im full. with covid around i don’t want to go to a hospital unless it gets really bad, but im starting to get concerned considering this started dec. 26th 2020 and it’s still happening today (jan 21st 2021) .. ”
January 21, 2021 8:20 AM
“my uncle brought me a classic chicken sandwich yesterday I ate half and my stomach started to hurt really bad it felt like cramps so I decided to just drink water and eat fruit bc I didn’t know wtf was going on I just slept on it I just ate the other half my stomach got on 10 immediately I had to ta... ke a p**p real bad I was constipated for about 30 mins then I started to throw the sandwich up idk what they put in that sandwich but it ain’t right my stomach hurts so bad ”
Recent Interesting Reports
February 12, 2021 10:20 PM
“Chicken Two.of us and immediately after eat ”
February 15, 2021 4:24 PM
“I ate Fuji chicken apple salad with romaine lettuce and my friend ate Greek salad also with romaine lettuce. We both experienced severe nausea and diarrhea beginning about 4 hours after eating. Her symptoms were almost completely gone by the next morning, mine have continued so far throughout the ne... xt day. ”
February 20, 2021 1:29 PM
“Me and my companion took a mix seal 19 February 2021 around 2 pm, the chicken was barely lukewarm when it was served to us, 7h after we were caught nausea, vomiting and diarrhea all night. We still have diarrhea to this day. ”
February 27, 2021 3:33 PM
“2 person, got sick after 2 hours
We ate it today at around 21.30 with my friend and right now after 2,5 hours both are feeling nausea and diarrhea ”
March 6, 2021 8:01 PM
“Canned chickpeas or lettuce 2 people got sick. We had a salad of lettuce and chickpeas yesterday for lunch. By the evening I was feeling sick, and began vomiting at 9 PM.
February 9, 2021 2:33 PM
“Maybe a Falafel & Spinach Wrap from there Several hours after eating, nausea began. I had diarrhea and vomiting about 9 hours after eating. 10/2/21 ”
SARAH ICE CREAM PARLOUR, East Coast Road, Pondicherry University, Chinna Kalapet, Opp, Kalapet, Puducherry, Pondicherry, India
February 21, 2021 3:33 PM
“Richy rich - Sarah ice cream parlour
I ate one sandwich and fainted after a few hours and being a doctor I am pretty sure it is because of the food quality ”
February 6, 2021 10:42 AM
“Ordered a chicken pizza and chicken wings from there. I have never been this sick in my life. I had vomiting, diaherra, sweats, chills, dizziness, abdominal pain... I am still waking up in sweats. My husband also has the same symptoms. We know it was this food because our 18 month old son did not ea... t it and has none of these symptoms. Our son was born with digestive issues. He could have died if he ate this. We also have a local friend that got sick too. ”
February 24, 2021 8:31 AM
“Monday, Fresh express shreds 1 . Severe Diarrhea and now intense abdominal pains for 2 days ”