IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Lettuce is one of the most common causes of food poisoning. Since the start of 2018, there have been over 10 major lettuce illness outbreaks involving E.coli. The 2 most recent involved packaged salad kits that sickened at least 30 and romaine lettuce grown in Salinas, CA that sickened at least 138.
Report date: Oct 21, 2021
15. Food separated and protected
- comments: observed raw chicken and fish stored above cooked and ready to eat vegetables(lettuce) inside walk in cooler. Instructed manager always to store cooked and ready to eat foods above the uncooked (raw) foods. Corrected during... inspection. Priority violation #7-38-005. Citation issued.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed 40lbs of cooked chicken in front reach in cooler with no date marking. Instructed manager that all food held more than 24 hours shall be marked with day or date to discard maximum 7 days. Manager discarded and denatured 40 lbs at $125. 00. Priority foundation 7-38-005. Citation issued
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: obsered frozen meat sitting in a metal pan with cold water next to 3 compartment sink. Instructed manager to thaw tcs foods under cold running water, in the refrigerator or in the microwave as part of a continuous cooking process. Male employee place container in walk-in cooler.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: observed bulk containers of sugar and flour in rear prep area not labeled. Instructed manager to label all foods when not in the original container. Bulk items labeled during inspection.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed boxes of food items stored on floor inside walk in freezer. Instructed manager to elevate all food six inches off floor.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: observed wiping cloths throughout not stored in a sanitizing solution. Instructed manager to store wiping cloths in a sanitizing solution between uses.
45. Single-use/single-service articles: properly stored & used
- comments: observed single service articles/containers not inverted in front prep area. Instructed manager to invert articles to prevent contamination. Male employee inverted all articles/containers during inspection.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: observed several reach in coolers in front prep/cooking area with severely deteriorated/damaged door gaskets. Instructed manager to replace, repair and maintain.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: observed no covered waste receptacle in staff toilet room. Instructed manager to provide and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed walls with dirt and food/sauce splatter and debris on floors throughout. Instructed manager to clean and maintain.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: observed excessive grease buildup on ventilation hood and filters. Instructed manager to clean and maintain.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed two male employees and 2 female employees without food handler certificates. Instructed manager to comply with the idph food handler requirement.
We get food their frequently since we live across the street. Last night our salads were awful. The lettuce was off, like warm. I had maybe 5 bites and felt sick. I had diarrhea all night and missed work today. I work 12 hour days and can’t... afford to miss work. Also the soup is never hot let alone warm. Wow comes in to make sure their food is being heated or cooled at the right temperatures? | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea
Today, Possibly a sandwich Ate a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato. 1 person sick. About 2 1/2 hours until symptoms started. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Today ordered at around 3:45 I have started vomiting 15 minutes ago., Feel like I am starting diarrhea soon.
I ordered the #2 with just cheese. I scraped off the sauce. So some was left but most scraped off. I know it was this. I was fine.... I only ate a packaged new granola bar around 10am and nothing until this.
Update: My stomach is a little weird this morning and I am using the bathroom a little bit for #2. Yesterday, I threw everything up for about an hour and was fine after it was out if my stomach. It was like my stomach wouldn’t even digest it. I went #2 once, after finishing throwing up. So, it didn’t give me complete diarrhea. It hit at just around 2 hours from eating the cheeseburger. No lettuce no tomato. It did have their sauce, but scraped it off so some residual was left. | Symptoms: Vomiting, Other
Worked late ate at here, cheeseburger, lettuce, onion, tomato. Around three hours later at 2:00 am woke up with severe stomach cramping, nausea, vomiting, lightheaded, diarrhea, bloody stool. 8:00am, still feeling sick. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Bloody Stool, Lightheaded, Cramps
I am gluten free so I requested a gluten free whopper with cheese ( which is supposed to be served on to pieces of lettuce leaf instead of a bun) they put the burger and all the garnishments into a pancake box, I get home ( 5... min. away ) eat the whopper , 20 min or so I sat on my couch and actually felt the couch was bending up to my right and twisted like it was dumping me on the floor! It was like sitting in front of a distorted mirror at a carnival ! My reaction could only be seen by my boyfriend ( an ex paramedic ) and he asked if I was (ok?). | Symptoms: Other
10/15/2021, Probably lettuce wrapped famous star. Just me... tasted a little bitter, maybe lettuce or onion. Bought about noon. Minor tummy ache all day. Started throwing up at daybreak. 5 times so far can't keep water down. Had headache severe nausea, and diarea. | Symptoms: Nausea, Headache, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain
I got food poisoning from there. I started feeling nauseous around 3 hours after consuming. Vomited 5 hours later and then the nausea went away for the most part. Fever/chills/aches and pains lasted for about 24 hours. My wife was sick at the same time too, so... it wasn’t just me. My son was eating with us as well, but he only had bites of the cheesesteak (grilled, no lettuce/raw veggies) My wife and I were the only ones to eat the cold sub which contained lettuce, tomato, onion. I first felt symptoms on Tuesday night | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Chills, Stomach Pain, Body Ache