IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
February 8, 2021 5:00 PM
“Company name: Shenandoah Growers, Inc
Brand name: Simple Truth, That’s Tasty, Shenandoah Growers
Product recalled: Basil
Reason of the recall: Potential Cyclospora contamination
FDA Recall date: February 08, 2021
Recall details: Shenandoah Growers, Inc (Harrisonburg, VA) out of an abundance of... caution, has issued a limited, voluntary recall of approximately 3240 units of branded fresh cut, packaged organic basil clamshells packed at its Indianapolis, Indiana location due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
Cyclosporiasis is an intestinal infection caused by the Cyclospora parasite. A person may become infected after ingesting contaminated food or water. Common symptoms include severe abdominal pain, watery diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, body aches and fatigue. The infection is treated with antibiotics and most people respond quickly to treatment.
Only the following specific lot codes are affected: PV40515 1034 | PV40515 3034 | PV40515 4034 | PV40515 3035. The affected product has a country of origin of Colombia and was harvested entirely from Puerto Vallarta Herbs SAS (Farm) and imported by Vallarta Organics LLC dba Organic Destiny (Importer). Affected lot codes shipped:
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (2.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02143-2. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00141-0. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- That’s Tasty (Pasta Blend). (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-52008-9. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- That’s Tasty. (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-50502-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (1 lb.). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Simple Truth. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 4034. UPC: 0-11110-00876-3. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Kroger
That’s Tasty. (0.25 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02515-7. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- That’s Tasty. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3035. UPC: 7-68573-53001-9. Pack Date: 2/4/2021. Location: Schnucks
Recalled products were distributed to select retail stores between 2/3/2021 to 2/4/2021 in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
This recall notification is being issued due to a single instance in which a sample of bulk product was pulled at the port of entry in Miami and tested by the FDA as part of routine surveillance and indicated the potential presence of Cyclospora.
Affected Shenandoah Growers customers have been notified of the recall and instructed to immediately remove and discard recalled products from all store shelves, distribution and other inventories to ensure they are no longer available for sale or consumption.
The Shenandoah Growers recall includes only those clamshells of certified organic basil clearly marked with the affected lot codes listed above. The lot code can be found printed on each clamshell.
No other Shenandoah Growers products are subject to recall, and the company has no knowledge of any illness reported or related to this product to date.
Consumers who may have a recalled basil product should discard it immediately and not eat it. Consumers with questions, or to obtain refunds, may contact the Shenandoah Growers Consumer Response Center at 844-896-6939 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
February 6, 2021 10:00 AM
“Ate clams from a buffet Goodevening,
Would to file a formal complain there. We arrived in Boracay Feb. 2, 2021 and checked in at La Carmela. Since then, we opted to eat anywhere but on Feb. 5, 2021, my husband & 1 dined in at their buffet that costs 599 each since its our last night in Bora. Unfo... rtunately my husband got sick after eating the clams from the buffet. Both of us ate all whats in the buffet except with the clams. Im 1 month pregnant as well thats why im picky with the foods i eat. 6pm we started eating then finished at 9:30pm. Around 11pm my husband started to puke & defecate a lot. At 3 am he started to feel worse. I gave him oresol & bioflu for first aid but upon assessment he needs to be hydrated. I called front desk of La Carmela & they assisted us to & from St. Gabriel Hospital. My husband got stable from the IV meds & fluids. Lab tests results came out & he was diagnosed with AMOEBIASIS. Amoebiasis can be transmitted by: ingestion of faecally contaminated food or water containing amoebic cysts. Well of course i contacted Henann since thats the only restaurant we ate that night. Initial reaction was to catch their attention informing them about the situation. At first i was asking for them to assist us or shoulder only half of the hospital bill that was 8k. I was coordinating and as per protocol since my husband was the only one infected out of 120 guests that night, its not possible for them to shoulder it. My point was, what if it just manifested earlier to my husband? Not all individuals have same reaction with what they eat. My husband eats seafood in Manila & for 32 yrs, it was his first time to be on IV infusion. It means high amoebic cysts where in the clams. They did was useless phone calls instead of helping us. They did not extend any help. Very rude customer service. They ruined our honeymoon plus they put my husband's life in danger. Thank goodness i didnt ate anything from the seafoods. We are all worried especially in this time of Covid but they didnt extend any help even a gatorade, banana or our transfer since we were late in the airport. Attached on the next email are proofs of our dine in, labs & hospital bill. Hoping that you reprimand or whatever you can do. I can do bashing to them but it wont do anything. The damage has been done. Feb 5, 2021 ”
January 20, 2021 6:01 AM
“Company name: Lancaster Foods, LLC
Brand name: Lancaster Foods
Product recalled: Butternut squash noodles, planks, chunks and butternut squash containing medleys and blends
Reason of the recall: Listeria monocytogenes
FDA Recall date: January 19, 2021
Recall details: Lancaster Foods LLC has ini... tiated a voluntary product recall of its processed butternut squash items because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem. The recalled items were distributed in NC, VA, DC, MD, PN, NY, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, and VT mainly through retail stores. The products noted:
- 16 oz Autumn Medley - UPC 8 13055 01115 6; with the expiration dates of 01/05/21, 01/07/21, and 01/09/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 12 oz Butternut Squash Noodles - UPC 8 13055 01749 3; with the expiration date of 01/10/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamperevident clamshell.
- 12 oz Butternut Squash Noodles - UPC 8 13055 01864 3; with the expiration dates of 01/05/21, 01/08/21, 01/10/21, 01/11/21, 01/12/21, 01/15/21, and 01/17/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 12 oz Butternut Squash Noodles - UPC 6 88267 17259 5; with the expiration dates of 01/08/21, 01/10/21, 01/12/21, 01/13/21, 01/14/21, 01/15/21, and 01/17/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Store Brand and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 21 oz Butternut Squash Planks - UPC 8 13055 01272 6; with the expiration dates of 01/02/21, 01/08/21, 01/12/21, 01/15/21, and 01/17/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 20 oz Squash Noodle Medley - UPC 8 13055 01836 0; with the expiration dates of 01/05/21, 01/08/21, 01/13/21, 01/14/21, and 01/16/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 20 oz Squash Noodle Medley - UPC 6 88267 18585 4; with the expiration dates of 01/03/21, 01/08/21, 01/11/21, 01/17/21, 01/18/21, and 01/19/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Store Brand and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 2.5# Butternut Squash Chunks - UPC 8 13055 01596 3; with the expiration dates of 01/04/21, 01/12/21, 01/15/21, and 01/18/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 20 oz Butternut Squash Chunks - UPC 8 13055 01150 7; with the expiration dates of 01/05/21, 01/08/21, 01/09/21, 01/13/21, and 01/16/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 24 oz Butternut Squash Chunks - UPC 8 13055 01300 6; with the expiration dates of 01/12/21, 01/13/21, 01/15/21 noted on the bottom scan label. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 12 oz Butternut Squash Chunks - UPC 8 13055 01391 4; with the expiration dates of 01/04/21, 01/05/21, 01/07/21, 01/11/21, 01/12/21, 01/15/21, 01/17/21, and 01/20/21 noted on the bottom scan labels. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a clear plastic tamper-evident clamshell.
- 15 oz Veggie Rice Blend - UPC 8 13055 01014 2; with the expiration dates of 01/07/21 and 01/09/21 noted on the bottom scan labels. The brand name is Lancaster Foods and the package is a stand-up steam pouch with 'grab & steam' printed on the header.
Out of an abundance of caution, Lancaster Foods has temporarily halted production of these items as the FDA and the company investigate the source of the issue. Consumers who have purchased units noted above are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-410-799-0010, extension 1530. The hours are from 0800 to 1700 in the Eastern time zone on the days of Monday through Sunday. Voicemails received after hours will be returned the next day.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
January 18, 2021 7:56 PM
“I ordered the fried fish, clams, and shrimp basket for lunch today around 1:00pm. Around 4:00pm I became sweaty and nauseous. It’s now 8:00pm and I feel ok after multiple vomiting and diarrhea. ”
January 10, 2021 11:02 AM
“My husband and I arrived to the resort on 12/13/20 for our honeymoon. We practically ate the same food up until 12/16 when we went to the restaurant, Poseidon. My husband had clams, tuna, and crab cakes. We figured he got sick from that restaurant because I don’t eat seafood and that’s the only thin... g I didn’t have the same of our whole trip. The next day, he was very sick to the point of getting up every hour or so to go to the bathroom. His stomach was upset up until the morning we left the resort on 12/19/20. 12/16/2020 ”
January 4, 2021 3:57 PM
“My girlfriend and I ate ate 2 appetizers (clams and stuffed mushrooms) and our entrees. I had a pick 3 combination of salmon, scallops, and coconut shrimp. And 1 Long Island tea. After hours of abdominal discomfort I began vomiting. I also missed a day of work due to nausea. ”
December 31, 2020 2:00 PM
“Company name: Divvies, LLC
Brand name: Divvies
Product recalled: Vanilla Cupcakes
Reason of the recall: Undeclared milk and eggs
FDA Recall date: December 31, 2020
Recall details: Divvies of Trumbull, CT is recalling Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting and Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Fro... sting because they may contain undeclared milk and eggs. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk or eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Product was distributed nationwide in retail stores and online websites. This distribution was limited to 472 cases in total.
The product comes in a 6-ounce, clear plastic clamshell labelled with the Divvies brand and marked with a lot # VV303-1, VV304-1, or VC309-1 on the side of the container. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that an ingredient containing milk and eggs had gotten into the ingredient mix which is used specifically for the vanilla cupcakes. This happened when the mix was packaged by the ingredient supplier. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown of a piece of equipment on the supplier’s packaging line. The problem has been corrected.
Consumers who have purchased the 6oz package of Divvies Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting or Divvies Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting with Lot #’s VV303-1, VV304-1, or VC309-1 are urged to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 203-989-3173.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
December 19, 2020 3:24 PM
“Last night I order food from there. I order fried rice, noodles, clams and a prawn shrimp dish. I ate the clams and shrimp and began feeling nauseous about 20 minutes after eating. My stomach started cramping really bad and I got diarrhea and uncontrollable vomiting. I experienced weakness and I... was lightheaded. The abdominal cramps and diarrhea lasted all night long. ”
Seafood Soup, I Love Sushi Jones Valley - Japanese Cuisine, Cecil Ashburn Drive Southeast, Huntsville, AL, USA
December 18, 2020 9:47 PM
“I’ve been a regular here and have never had any issues with food poisoning until my last visit. I ordered the seafood soup to go and became incredibly ill. I ate the soup at dinner time and an hour or two later my stomach began to hurt. I didn’t think much of it and went to sleep. I woke about 4 tim... es in the night vomiting. I had intense abdominal pain, chills, muscle aches. I felt like I had a severe stomach flu. In the morning I vomited two more times. I’ve never been so sick on my life. I had to miss work and went to the doctor and got a steroid shot and I felt much better the next day but my stomach is still recovering. I’ve never had any issues like this before. This is a newer soup with clams, shrimp, scallops, and salmon. ”
December 5, 2020 8:10 PM
“I had a seafood bag with lobster and clams corn and potatoes. Not even an hour from eating i started vomiting and Puking, sweating. I will never return. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
February 6, 2021 5:27 AM
“Every time I eat from there, The already made wings, hot chips, and plastic bottle of new water I’ve never had....
Soon as I ate the wings FIRST, stomach hurts bad and gas.
Hot chips, I ate and had bad hurtful diarrhea and red.
I always eat hot chips since a kid. Never issues. I am internally hea... lthy and not sensitive . I had the chicken sandwich as well, 1 bite , it was horrible and felt nausea.
Something is not right. I NEVER have these issues , even eating unhealthy foods. Never THIS. It’s been hours and I’m still in pain. I feel they should get sued or take the food from there . Food is out of date and not right. This is the 2nd time and I thought it was ME. I still have the food next to me right now. ”
February 7, 2021 11:12 AM
“We only ate there yesterday, I tried to order over the phone but the waiter said it wasn’t available so I canceled and ordered online 2 hours after eating my boyfriend and I were vomiting, nauseous and dizzy ”
March 4, 2021 8:52 PM
“I made a bowl of cheese puffs. I didn’t use a paper towel because I hate how the middle part is stitched together and I didn’t want them falling all over the place on the sides. I got a bowl because I wasn’t going to eat them all at once I was watching a movie. Later I got extreme stomach pains and... it lasted for over 12 hours. I had gas I haven’t threw up yet but I have the urge to poop and throw up. I don’t eat snacks like that at all . Someone help pls ”
February 21, 2021 12:12 PM
“Randomly around 830 she became nauseous and then vomiting and diarrhea around the same same time
Last night 830 ”
February 26, 2021 9:00 AM
“On February 12, my husband and I stopped there for dinner. I ordered hot Turkey and Chicken Corn Chowder soup. He ordered the same soup but had ziti. The turkey came out luke warm but I put hot gravy on it. That should have been a sign for me. About two hours later I felt a heaviness in my stom... ach. About 5 hours later I had severe diarrhea. That lasted for about two hours in the night and was accompanied by vomiting and a slight fever which lasted for some part of the next day. My husband was spared. -Because he didn't have the Turkey. ”
March 5, 2021 9:16 AM
“I gt nausea, diarrhea and vomiting ”
February 16, 2021 1:03 PM
“My daughter ordered a box of chicken breaded twenty pieces and we were all sick the night of February 15, 2021. 10 am after eating the chicken I felt really not well, belly pain nausea fatigue intance curvature. We are 4 in the same state but I was the first to have symptoms of vomiting diarrhea bel... ly pain fever and fatigue... The other three people had the same thing during their night ”
February 11, 2021 2:49 PM
“Jimmy Dean bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. Within 8 hours. Have only left house to pick up groceries outside with 2 well-sealed masks 95+cloth, gloves, & face shield. Clorox wiping all groceries, and touch surfaces, mail/packages quarantine for a week-not in house airflow/vents (then open with mask... & gloves) Housemate same PPE & COVID precautions. Replace UV-C light in A-coil yearly, + 2 400 degree air cleaners. No public inside activity in months, and that was for yearly wellness exam. Know it was Jimmy Dean.
Chills for about 4 hours within 8 hours of consuming, then severe stomach cramping, diarrhea for 8 days, 102 fever, hyperosmia. Never had severe diarrhea like this before, acid reflux, or any other underlying health conditions.
12-17-20 through 12-24-20 ”
March 1, 2021 3:46 PM
“Ate 4 chicken strips. Two were partly soggy and the breading was not browned. I tried to cut those parts off and not eat it. About 8 hours later I started to vomit, got severe abdominal pain. ”
February 25, 2021 9:19 PM
“Ate their red velvet cheesecake for my birthday Monday. Immediately began to feel sick and threw it up. Just thought it was a fluke until I ate more tonicht and again it made me nauseous and vomit.
Two people got sick. 20 minutes after eating. Became nauseous and started to vomit with diarrhea. ... Not even 20 minutes after eating ”