“Report date: Feb 21, 2020
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: person in charge without city of chicago certified manager certificate. Instd to obtain.
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no city of chicago certified manager on duty while handling... potentially hazardous foods (chicken, fish, etc). Citation issued 7-38-012(a) priority foundation. Instd to have on duty at all times.
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no employee health policy available. Instd to provide verifiable employee health policy in place and have available at all times. Citation issued 7-38-010. Priority foundation.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: no procedure or necessary supplies on site for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events. Instd to provide and maintain on site at all times. Citation issued 7-38-005. Priority foundation.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: no hot running water under city pressure at rear handwash sink (46f) in prep area. Instd to provide hot running water (100f-120f) under city pressure at all times. Citation issued priority violation 7-38-030(c).
11. Food obtained from approved source
- comments: unable to verify source of variety of desserts in front display case ( taffy apple grapes, carrot cake, chocolate cake, peach cobbler, parfait, caramel cakes, etc. ) all food must be from a licensed verifiable source and properly labeled with business name and address. All product tagged and held for inspection at this time. Priority violation 7-38-005.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: missing thermometers in refrigeration units. Instd to provide and maintain in conspicuous area of unit.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: cutting boards with deep, dark grooves. Instd to replace cutting boards and maintain.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: no hot running water under city pressure in rear warewashing area at 3-compartment sink. Temperature ranging from 46. 0f-48. 0f hot water tank system is inoperable in this area. Instd to provide a minimum of 110f at all times. Citation issued 7-38-030(c) priority
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: sides of flat top grill, drip tray of grill, interior bottom of fryers, interior of hood, filters and ansel system not clean, food residue, dust, and grease accumulation. Instd to clean and maintain same.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: floor under and behind heavy equipment and in corners through out premises not clean, debris. Instd to clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: ceiling in poor repair, cloths in ceiling holes. Instd to repair ceiling through out.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: see 60
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violation from 11/13/2019 report 2345557 not corrected: no verifiable allergen training for city of chicago food service manager certificates posted. Instructed to provide for all city of chicago food service managers and maintain. Citation issued priority foundation 7-42-090.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Ate at cafe, we ate breakfast. Eggs, bacon, yogurt, grapes and orange juice. Lemon cake and donuts. For dinner ate here, same owners. We ate Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans,cranberry relish, bread and ice cream. Stayed the night at splash and blast hotel. Two of us got sick. Symptoms started... around checkout (11:00 am) this morning ”
Star Grocer Desa Pandan, Jalan 1/76C, Desa Pandan, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Projectile vomiting couldn't even make it to bathroom 7 ft away before uncontrollable surge. I was only eating chips con queso. I was feeling fine right before, had just ate Post Almond crunch cereal with a few added green seedless grapes and a couple of cloves of chopped garlic with... low fat milk. Also a mini sweet potato pie. (I eat pretty much same thing everyday, maybe cereal with yogurt instead of milk, or blueberry mini pie. Also i try to eat an apple(currently Honeycrisp) daily. So i haven't eaten here since Oct 2019 when i broke my foot on way to gym. So last night (after midnight) got back in gym (did light workout, stretches, being careful with foot) then sauna and shower, I felt great, even though recovering from common cold from last week.
tortilla chips con queso (white cheese dip, but recall looked yellowish brown) As I said in opening paragraph I felt fine before I ate chips con queso I got late night after midnight last night. This was leftover chips and unopened extra container of cheese dip they gave me. I've NEVER got sick before. I think cheese dip was bad.
“My daughter ate green seedless grapes at 10:30 AM this morning. She went down for her nap around noon and woke up from her sleep, hot as can be and all of a sudden threw up. I ate these same grapes a few days prior and felt like my stomach... was bubbling but did not connect the dots. I bought these grapes from there on Saturday 1/3/2020. ”
“Salad 1/5/2020 at approx. 7 pm I picked up from self serve frig unit. One favorite with chicken blue cheese crumbles artichoke hearts cranberries pecans grapes mixed salad greens. I felt my stomach bubbling up a few hours after i ate it. Then went to bed and after a few... hours got up to restroom a few hours later thought i had gas but the bowels were very watery and in large quantity about 3 x ”
Recent Interesting Reports
“Eating Iceland meal has caused stomach pain and wind each time for myself and my son Usual teatime meal and waking up with stomach pain and flatulent lasting most of day 2 of us ”
“I got a blue moon and mozzarella sticks. Within an hour and half after I couldn’t help but puked. I thought it was the alcohol but this wasn’t like a “I took to many shots” situation. I don’t wish this kind of puke on anyone. Please take precautions on leaving... out milk products before serving. In case you’re wondering I scooped the mozzarella cheese out of the sink after projectile vomit. ”
“At around 6 pm I drove through and ordered a value box meal, with no lettuce or tomato on anything. The meal included a taco, a burrito, and a chalupa. All were beef. Ate around 630 and watched TV for a few hours and went to bed. At midnight I... awoke with horrible stomach pain and couldn't stop vomiting until the next day. I felt terrible and had to get anti nausea medicine from the doctor. My body ached from all the puking. I never will eat at this location again. ”
“I got sick months ago but just realised that we could report our stories online. I was very ill for 3 weeks, after having a shrimp based dish (pad Thai or noodles). I remember feeling very bad around 30 minutes after eating. Then I started to have very severe stomach... burns, I had never been in so much pain. I went to the hospital because the pain was too intense. The doctors told me I had food poisoning from seashell. I have been avoiding cheap Chinese restaurants since. It was just awful. ”
“I tried the mommy boost drink for the first time, needless to say I'm feeling horrible. Bad stomach ache,diarrhea, nausea, and I only drank less than half of the bottle. I will be pouring out the rest. ”
“Coworker and I had breakfast consisting of hash browns and breakfast burritos. Both started experiencing stomach cramps then severe diarrhea that afternoon. It’s 2 days later and we’re both still sick. It was the only thing we ate that day and both of us experienced these same symptoms. It’s violent... diarrhea. Bad cramps. I emailed them to report. We'll see if they respond. ”
“Bought a salad Monday 5/11/2020
On 5/12 I ate that salad at work for dinner around 5:40p. I was woken at 1a to go pee & I felt hot n clamy once I laid back down these horrible cramps started in my stomach. Its now 6p on 5/13 I have... managed to finally get some sleep from 2p-4p. These stomach cramps come in waves & i get super nauseated but haven't actually vomited. ”