IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
It is possible to get food poisoning from bagels. The two main causes of bagel food poisoning are mold and undercooked dough. If any part of a bagel is moldy it should not be eaten. Undercooked bagels can contain flour which is a raw product that can be contaminated with bacteria such as salmonella.
October 26, 2020 3:56 PM
October 25, 2020 10:30 AM
“My husband got a bagel sandwich from there. He gave me half and immediately after, I got deathly sick and vomited. The meat tasted rancid along with the cheese. I will never get anything from there again. I want them reported. I immediately got sick after. I was the only one. Symptoms started right... away. ”
October 19, 2020 3:42 PM
“bagel and cream cheese and ham and cheese roll up. Intense Stomach cramping, vomiting. That bagle seemed chewier then normal but I didn't think anything of it until the pain. Still in pain two days later ”
October 3, 2020 9:00 AM
“Report date: Sep 29, 2020
6. Proper eating, tasting, drinking, or tobacco use
- comments: employee tamales on table in drive thru and employee bagel with cream cheese on front table in prep area. Instd to eat in designated area only.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly... designed, constructed & used
- comments: condesnor lines leaking in walk in cooler and walk in freezer. Instd to repair and maintain
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: floor in rear inbetween walk in cooler and freezer in poor repair, buckling and causing water accumulation underneath. Instd to repair and have tight fitting
Source: chicago.gov ”
September 25, 2020 9:00 AM
“Report date: Sep 23, 2020
6. Proper eating, tasting, drinking, or tobacco use
- comments: half eaten bagel and open beverage container on prep table in bakery area. Instd to eat/drink in designated area
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: no hot run... ning water at handwash sinks in employee toilet rooms (men and women) 2nd floor next to break room, temperature 70. 0f-71. 2f. Inoperable handwash sink in deli area. Instd to maintain all handwash sinks at 100f-120f under city pressure. Priority violation 7-38-030(c) citation issued.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: no hand sink in bakery area (with 3 compartment sink). Instructed must provide an easily accessible, exposed hand sink in this area. Observed no hand sink in dairy cooler that has a 3 compartment sink inside. Instructed must provide an easily accessible hand sink in this room near 3 compartment sink. All exposed hand sinks must have hot/cold water with adequate city pressure, soap/paper towels, and a hand washing sign. Must install and maintain same. Priority foundation violation. 7-38-030(c) citation issued
14. Required records available: shellstock tags, parasite destruction
- comments: shellfish tags on site missing the date when the last shellstock from the container is sold. Instd to record on the tag and maintain on site for 90 days from when the last shellstock sold. 7-38-005. Priority foundation.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: dock doors not protected, approx 1/2 inch gap at bottom and sides of door. Instd to repair and have tight fitting
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: missing irreversible registering temperature indicator for utensil surface temperature for hot water mechanical warewashing unit. Instd to provide and maintain. Priority foundation 7-38-005.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: inoperable 2-compartment sink in seafood prep area. Instd to repair or remove.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed waste water excessively overflowing from deli/bakery 3-compartment sink grease interceptor continuosly accumulating on floor in prep/warewashing area where employees are actively working and heavy foot traffic occuring. Instd to repair plumbing issue, clean and sanitize all equipment, floor, walls and ceilings in same area. Deli/bakery voluntarily ceased and desisted until repaired and reinspected by cdph. Citation issued 7-38-030(c).
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: unable to verify food handler training for employees. Instd to have easily accessible training verification for all food handlers
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violations from 4/25/2019 report 2285760 not corrected: 51 5-205. 15: **c** system maintained in good repair (in good repair) observed toilets #1 and #2 in disrepair in ladies employee restroom on 2nd floor. Observed toilets # 1 and 4 in disrepair in men's employee restroom on 2nd floor. Must repair all out of service toilets. Must maintain same. Observed 3 compartment sink in disrepair in dairy cooler. Must repair and maintain same or remove from premises 55 6-101. 11: **c** surface characteristics- indoor area observed accumulation of rust like substance on ceiling of meat cutting room. Must detail clean and sanitize. Must maintain same. Observed holes in wall in hallway next to produce department, and in wall upstairs outside ladies restroom. Must seal all holes to prevent pest entry. Priority foundation violation 7-42-090 citation issued.
Source: chicago.gov ”
September 25, 2020 12:40 AM
“So full disclosure: I go to this place on a regular basis so much that the workers recognize me and know what i like to get. i have had no issues prior to this, so I’m guessing this was just a bad day for them. Well anywho, my boyfriend and I came by today and I got my iced coffee and he got a sweet... tea. I don’t think it was the drinks. It was the sandwiches. I got a beyond sausage, egg, and cheese on a croissant and he got a bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant so I’m guessing the egg or cheese is the culprit. We spent all afternoon extremely nauseous with terrible diarrhea, horrible excruciating gas pains and gas, and just all around agony. I dry heaved a few times, he didn’t throw up any. It’s been absolute hell. I’ll be back for sure for my coffees, but I won’t be getting any food anytime soon besides maybe a bagel or something. ”
September 19, 2020 4:21 PM
“I only had a cinnamon crunch bagel with honey walnut cream cheese. Ate around noon, by 2 pm I had terrible upper stomach pain and diarrhea. Lasted about 7 hours ”
September 19, 2020 1:59 PM
“Salmon bagel from there I ate the bagel and felt sick with extreme diarrhea, nausea, and dissiness. My girlfriend got the same bagel the next day and had the same issues and vomiting hours after consumption. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
October 12, 2020 5:34 PM
“I had a single butter burger meal with fries and a sprite. I ate there last night around 7pm I was the only one who got sick, the symptoms started roughly about a hour to 2 hours after eating, I felt lightheaded, stomach started hurting badly and then the diarrhea started. ”
October 16, 2020 12:25 PM
“Went in last night around 9pm. I bought three items. Two bowls of fruit (watermelon and cantaloupe) and a $9.99 sushi plate. I have been up since 5am throwing up and am having uncomfortable stomach pain. ”
October 16, 2020 5:53 PM
October 15, 2020 11:20 PM
“I ate the cheesy spaghetti squash casserole and immediately felt nauseous and then immediately threw up. It’s been about an hour since I ate the meal (which I purchased from the store over the weekend and kept frozen). I still feel so awful. My stomach hurts so bad. ”
October 15, 2020 7:01 AM
“On October 3, 2020 I myself, and my Neice went to the local neighborhood market and purchased some seafood items, which Me my son, TX y Neice and her Daughter all consumed the product and we all got sick. We brought 2 bags of the small red potatoes, 5 Bags of Great Value Shrimps, 3 package of Lobs... ters tails that they packed themselves, 2 boxes of Snowcrabs, 1 bag of Lobster Arms and Claws and 1 package of this Beef Smoked Sausage not sure of the name but I know it if I see it. No less then an Hour later MY son immediately got sick, vomiting, severe stomach pain, head pounding headache, and fever,diarrhea,dizziness, and the shakes from chills. My Neice had all the same symptoms as my son did, I myself had the vomiting and the stomach pain and diarrhea and headache, my neice daughter her stomach was hurting. I save the rest of the content and the packaging and brought it all back the next morning. ”
October 12, 2020 8:37 AM
“Their orderd gave me diarrhea and lower bowel discomfort and pain.
I'll never order from them again. ”
October 19, 2020 7:25 PM
“I was disrespectful we were missing k will hit me a cashier I have 60 years ”
October 23, 2020 10:06 PM
“I ordered a chicken sandwich meal and some food for my girlfriend and my son. Our food took a long time to come out but when we got home to eat, as I got to the half-way point of my chicken sandwich I noticed a weird texture and odd taste to discover that parts of it was indeed raw and my sense of t... aste and smell aren’t the same as what they used to be before all of this Covid-19 mess! As of right now my stomach isn’t sitting too well and I’m not feeling too good either. ”
October 19, 2020 12:47 AM
“Last night, myself, my boyfriend, my best friend, and her boyfriend all had reservations for Villian & Saint at 7pm there to have dinner together to celebrate our respective anniversaries. My entree was incorrectly prepared THREE TIMES at Villian & Saint. The first meal was a simple chicken sandwi... ch with french fries. I asked for no mayo on and no pimento cheese spread on the chicken sandwich, which still came with the unrequested condiments. When the 2nd reprepared chicken sandwich meal came, it was so salty that I had my best friend and boyfriend both try pieces of it and they also said it was way too salty and they couldn't eat it either and I had to send that entree back, as well. I then had one of the top chefs come to my table and apologize profusely and offered to comp my meal for the last meal that they'd so-called "correctly" prepare for me this time, after he ate a piece of the chicken made with that batch of flour and he said that I was right - it was very much, too salty, so he had the cook throw the entire batch out and make a new one. I asked for the burger entree instead this time, WELL DONE, with no mayo and ketchup on the side for my fries, and I stipulated that more than once, since the server asked me more than once, as to how I wanted my burger prepared to make sure he got it right, which was witnessed by all at the table.
During the last meal preparation of the burger meal, since everyone else at the table had already finished their meals and were just waiting for me to finally get my food and for their own to-go boxes, I just opted to take my food to go also. When my boyfriend and I got back to our room and were watching tv, we just took off our shoes, sat on the bed in the dark, and I began to eat my burger entree. After taking a few bites, my stomach started to feel very sick and I ran to the bathroom to vomit. My boyfriend ran in after me and asked me what did I just eat and I said just the burger entree from Villain & Saint. He checked the remainder of the left over burger and saw that it was NOT well done, AT ALL, but was extremely pink and raw looking on the inside - UNCOOKED!!!! It was seemingly
purposefully in the condiments to cover the uncooked burger!!!! After a few minutes, I vomited AGAIN for a 2nd time, along with continuously having nausea, chills, really bad stomach pains and diarrhea throughout the night. My boyfriend was very upset and helped me to the bed and told me to call the front desk and try to speak to someone at Villian & Saint, since I had gotten so sick from the uncooked burger entree and must've had food poisoning from it. My boyfriend and I would like to have our meal compensated for from Villian & Saint from 10/17/2020, as per the report that I made with a security supervisor, at approximately 1am yesterday morning, 10/18/2020. My boyfriend was literally up with me all night long, while I was sick into today from the incorrectly prepared/undercooked burger that I ate and my stomach is still feeling queasy now!!!!
I called the front desk, when the restaurant finally opened at 4pm today, who transferred me to Villian & Saint. The first time, they picked up and hung up and so I called the first desk again and when I finally got through to someone at Villian & Saint and spoke to a manager at there at approximately 4:15pm today, 10/18/2020. I explained the entire situation to him and he apologized for me getting sick from the meal there and said that my boyfriend would have to come down there to the restaurant for him to get a refund for the meal. But once my boyfriend got down there, they changed their tune, and said that he had to wait for the manager there to come back to the restaurant and for a member of security to come with my incident report that I made with a security supervisor to go over the details of the food poisoning issue and he's currently waiting for the refund. I will be looking into talking to my lawyer regarding this issue. Worst first dining experience at Villian & Saint EVER!!!! Will NEVER recommend anyone to eat there! ”
October 10, 2020 12:53 PM
“Today I had it ordered to my job , had it around 2pm , when I got home symptoms started with nausea , I had thrown up once and now I have diarrhea ”