IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get food poisoning from chili. While chili is typically cooked for long periods killing most germs, improper cooling and reheating can lead to Clostridium perfringens contamination. Chili food poisoning symptoms can begin as soon as 6 hours after eating and include Diarrhea and cramps.
10 hours ago
I got a taco salad, cup of chili, and a strawberry lemonade. Ate my chili then washed it down with the lemonade and I was instantly sick. Nauseous and having stomach pains. I thought maybe it was the chili but a hour or two later just took... a sip of my lemonade and now I’m instantly sick to my stomach! | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Other, Stomach Pain
Turkey chilling there Within an hour of eating the chili, I had severe stomach cramps followed by diarrhea.
8 pm | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Cramps
1 week ago
Home, Chili possibly- vomiting 6 hrs. Now fullness and reduced appetite 6 hrs after ingestion of a crockpot chili - vomiting then fine for three days and then progressive fullness with limited appetite. No fever. No more vomiting, diarrhea, belly pain.
Last Monday 8/30 | Symptoms: Vomiting, Diarrhea, Loss of Appetite, Something else
chills, vomiting, diarrhea after eating a double chili cheeseburger. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Chills
Ordered White Chicken Chili on 09/04/2021. Hours later, suffering from nausea, severe diarrhea and cold sweating. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Sweating
Turkey chili I immediately was nauseas and faced indigestion. I drank water to try to soothe the discomfort and then took a nap. After 6 hours of being in pain and nauseous, I finally threw up Turkey chili and water 3 times. This is the only thing I have eaten today. It happened This morning | Symptoms: Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Amy’s Vegetarian Medium Chili Can, PCC Community Markets - Green Lake Village, Northeast 71st Street, Seattle, WA, USA
3 weeks ago
I had a can of Amy’s Vegetarian Medium Chili (Low Sodium) Thursday afternoon and i’ve been having GI issues every since (it’s Friday now). I’m nauseated, experiencing on/off stomach pains, constipation, and i had loose stool earlier. | Symptoms: Nausea, Stomach Pain
The CFIA announced the recall of Curation Foods brand Kale Salad Blends and Eat Smart brand Chopped Salad Kits by Curation Foods due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
The recalled products are:
- Curation... Foods Kale Salad Blend (unlabeled), 907 g, code: 2 0 B 221
- Curation Foods Kale Salad Blend (unlabeled), 907 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Chili-Lime Crunch (Croquante chili et lime) Chopped Salad Kit, 283 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Homestyle Ranch (Ranch comme à la maison) Chopped Salad Kit, 283 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Hot Honey (Miel épicé) Chopped Salad Kit, 311 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Mexican Fiesta (Fiesta Mexicaine) Chopped Salad Kit, 283 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Salt & Vinegar (Sel et vinaigre) Chopped Salad Kit, 283 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Southwest (Sud-ouest) Chopped Salad Kit, 283 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
- Eat Smart Sweet Kale (Chou frisé doux) Chopped Salad Kit, 567 g, code: AUG 24 2021, 2021 AU 24, 2 0 B 221
These products were distributed in Ontario, possibly nationwide in Canada.
If you have the recalled products in your home, please do not eat them, throw them away or returned them to the place of purchase.
In case you are experiencing listeria monocytogenes symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance.
Check the full recall details on the CFIA website: inspection.canada.ca