IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frozen food can cause food poisoning, most commonly via Listeria, a pathogen that can survive freezing. In July 2021 a Listeria outbreak related to frozen fully cooked chicken caused three hospitalizations and one death.Last updated: September 11, 2022
Product: Frozen Food
9/10/22, Bought frozen food here Rayburns cheesesteak sandwich Around three hours after I ate it I suddenly became very nauseated. My heart rate went to 123 my blood pressure went to 212/150. While checking my blood pressure and started vomiting in my kitchen sink. I continue to... vomit for the next four hours.
We have been buying these sandwiches for quite a well and I was surprised that One caused this problem. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting, Fever
9/5/2022, I think it was Amy’s Vegan Chili Mac and Cheese Dude to the fact it was the last meal I had eaten for many hours, I’m pretty certain that Amy’s frozen food was the culprit. | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
Yesterday, Tai pei Chicken egg rolls . Also this isn’t the first time frozen food was bad at this establishment I had food poisoning there. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Perogies from here in the frozen food aisle. There’s just definitely something wrong with the perogies because this is the second time in under a month this has happened to me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting
The FSIS announced the recall of approximately 13,099 pounds of frozen meat pizza product by Home Run Inn Frozen Foods because they may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically metal. These products were shipped to a distributor in Illinois and then further distributed to retailers. There have... been no confirmed reports of injuries or adverse reactions due to the consumption of these products.
The frozen meat pizzas were produced on June 6, 2022. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 18498-A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. The recalled products are:
- 33.5-oz cartons containing “Home Run Inn CHICAGO'S PREMIUM PIZZERIA DELUXE SAUSAGE CLASSIC PIZZA” with “best by” date “12/03/22”.
The problem was discovered when the firm notified FSIS that it had received consumer complaints reporting metal was found in the pizza.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ freezers or found at distributor and retail locations. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. Additionally, distributors and retailers are urged not to sell these products. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Nick Perrino, COO of Home Run Inn Frozen Foods, at 630-783-9696, ext. 2151.
In case you experience harm from this product, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve issues and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
2 months ago
Frozen chicken tenders in the freezer (I usually eat very clean/organic) was an odd night that I made frozen food. Right now , Frozen chicken tenders in the freezer (I usually eat very clean/organic) was an odd night that I made frozen food
Only thing I ate... out of the ordinary were chicken tenders this evening.. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
3 months ago
Amazon Fresh stopped delivering groceries with ice packs or frozen bottles or cooler bags. All frozen foods are bagged in regular brown paper bags with no insulation, treated the same as room temperature items. The delivery drivers do not have coolers in their cars, so it is... not temperature controlled. It can take many hours until it finally arrives. Everytime i open the bags, i notice that all the frozen stuff is melted, thawed, spoiled. If i try to freeze it immediately, it doesnt help, the food is already bad. Sometimes i try it anyway and i get very sick from all of the food. Its not like one specific item that has an issue, its ALL the cold food items that are not properly handled and end up causing food poisoning. So i have to throw away a bunch of food which is such a shame to waste. And then get no refund from Amazon support because theyre all a bunch of robots... someone really needs to stop Amazon because they are getting a lot of people sick and not taking any responsibility for it. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
4 months ago
frozen food, Monday night, I ate frozen soup dumplings midday Monday and started having symptoms on Monday night and still have moderate symptoms on Thursday night. | Symptoms: Diarrhea
Report date: May 3, 2022
9. No bare hand contact with rte food or a pre-approved alternative procedure properly allowed
- comments: observed a food handling employee cutting raw tuna for sushi and touching the fish with their bare hands while cutting it. Management instructed that no... bare hand contact is allowed with ready-to-eat foods. Priority violation 7-38-010. Citation issued.
35. Approved thawing methods used
- comments: observed frozen shrimp being thawed in a container at room temperature in the rear food prep area. Management instructed to properly thaw tcs foods.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: observed frozen foods stored in plastic grocery bags inside of the walk-in freezer. Management instructed to use only food grade storage bags or containers.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: clean the bulk food storage containers in the rear food prep area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: clean the grease on the floor of the rear food prep area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: repaint the chipped paint on the wall column in the rear food prep area.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: no food handler certificates were provided for food handling employees in either food prep area. Management instructed to show proof of training for all food handling employees.