IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Precooked hot dogs can cause food poisoning if mishandled. Listeria food poisoning can occur when hot dogs are not thoroughly heated. Symptoms of listeria infection include fever, headache, tiredness, and aches that can possibly lead to serious issues such as meningitis and blood poisoning.
Product: Hot dog
Date of Closure: 09/07/2021
High Priority - Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, food storage area and/or bar area. Observed two flying insects landing on the wall in the kitchen next to the dishwasher machine. Observed 5 flying insects landing on the counter at... front counter in the dining room area. Observed 2 flying insects landing on the tables in the dining room area. Observed 11 flying insects landing on several lamps at front counter in the bar area located in the dining room. **Admin Complaint**
High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. raw calamari (50°F - Cold Holding); raw shrimp (51°F - Cold Holding); raw mahi mahi (52°F - Cold Holding); hot dogs (45°F - Cold Holding) per operator products held less than four hours in the flip top unit located at the grill station in the kitchen. Per operator products were moved from the walk in cooler to the reach in cooler unit. Per operator products haven't been prep or portion today. Operator added ice to the products. **Corrective Action Taken** **Repeat Violation** **Admin Complaint**
High Priority - Time/temperature control for safety food, other than whole meat roast, hot held at less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit. chicken stock (82°F - Hot Holding) per operator product held less than four hours at room temperature in the cook line. Operator reheated product to 186°F. **Corrected On-Site** **Repeat Violation** **Admin Complaint**
High Priority - Toxic substance/chemical improperly stored. Observed medicine improperly stored in the cook line. Operator stored properly. **Corrected On-Site** **Warning**
Source: Florida Department of Health
Hot dogs Boyfriend ate hotdogs for supper and this morning was having severe nausea and vomiting. It happened Today | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Report date: Aug 25, 2021
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: interior of reach in coolers and freezers in need of cleaning to remove all build up and food spills. Instructed to clean and maintain.
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: found the following... products at improper temperature. Yogurt, fruit cuts, hummus, fresh dips, fresh meat, hot dogs, prepackaged deli, fresh pasta. Found display cases at improper temperature. All products ranging from 47. 0 to 58. 0 degrees all product was discarded at this time. Total value $25,000. 00 400 lbs priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued
33. Proper cooling methods used; adequate equipment for temperature control
- comments: found reach in coolers, dairy cooler, and meat reach in at improper temperature. Air temp ranging from 45-59 degrees air temp. Coolers are being tagged held for inspection at this time. Priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued when coolers are corrected contact cdph via email to request reinspection of coolers. To remove held for inspection tags.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: all large bulk food must be properly identified with product name. Instructed to correct and maintain.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: sponges and or towels when not in use must be stored in a clean sanitizing solution. Instructed to correct and maintain.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: large can opener in need of cleaning to remove all food build up. Instructed to clean and maintain.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: all equipment in meat room, and deli in need of cleaning to remove all build up of food spills. Instructed to clean and maintain.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: toilet room receptacle in need of cover. Instructed to install and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: floors in back storage, meat, deli prep, and produce prep areas in need of detail cleaning to remove all build up. Instruct to clean and maintain clean.
I had hot dogs about 10:15pm. August 21st. I felt fine till about noon the next day. I started feeling a little sick. Within an hour of that I had full food poisoning. It is the only item I had different from my family the past few... days. I was unable to eat or drink for 3 days. Today in the 4th day I can keep some food down but not much and have bad stomach blogging and pain. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
Company name: Hostess Brands, LLC
Brand name: Hostess
Product recalled: Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns
Reason of the recall: Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella
FDA Recall date: August 16, 2021
Recall details: Hostess Brands, LLC (“Hostess Brands”) is voluntarily recalling certain Hostess® Soft White Hamburger Buns and Soft... White Hot Dog Buns due to the potential for the products to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella. Hostess Brands is recalling the impacted products out of an abundance of caution after becoming aware of this issue from its co-manufacturer, Best Harvest Bakeries, through Best Harvest Bakeries’ environmental monitoring program. To date, Hostess Brands has received no reports of illness related to this issue.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses.
This recall is limited to some Hostess® Soft White Hamburger Buns and Soft White Hot Dog Buns, which were sold to distributors, convenience stores, and other retail stores throughout the United States.
For more recall details, including the list of the recalled products check on fda.gov