IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is possible to get food poisoning from chips and other packaged foods. The biggest risk of chips food poisoning comes from salmonella. Symptoms of Salmonella poisoning usually begin between 12-72 hours after eating and include bloody diarrhea, cramping, fever, and muscle aches.
March 5, 2021 10:09 AM
“I had a bowl to go with white rice, fajitas, half chicken/half steak, pico de Gallo, sour cream, cheese, and extra lettuce. I also had a side of chips and queso. I remember the quest tasted funny, but I hadn’t had it in a while so I wasn’t sure. ”
March 4, 2021 4:41 PM
“Last night I had an Italian sandwich, a No. 3. This morning, I woke up with stomach pain and diarrhea. I don't eat at this sandwich shop a whole lot, and I really didn't have anything with it besides potato chips. It had to be the meat--perhaps it was not stored correctly or it went bad. ”
March 3, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Feb 26, 2021
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no signed employees health policies. Must provide and maintain. (priority foundation 7-38-010)(no citation issued)
11. Food obtained from approved... source
- comments: observed packaged & storage bags of food items on display for sale from an unapproved food source such as 5lbs. Donuts/cakes,2. 5lbs. Potato chips,2. 5lbs. Chiccharones. Manager is not able to provide a receipt from a approved supplier. Manager states they purchased from a customer that came in to sell product off the street. Instructed to purchase only from approved suppliers. Product was discarded by manager. (priority 7-38-005)(cos)(citation issued)appx. 10lbs. $20.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: must label food storage containers when food is not in original package.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed evidence of appx. 50 or more mice droppings on floor under wood shelving unit in kitchen,inside of fryer cabinet,lower shelf of steam table,on floor underneath ice machine,on ledge at service counter,on floor behind chest freezers in rear storage area. Must remove droppings. Clean and sanitize areas. Recommended to have a pest control operator to service premises on or after 2/26/21. (priority foundation 7-38-020(a)(citation issued)
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: must replace missing door handle on fryer cabinet. Must apply a sealant or paint raw wood shelving units in rear storage area,service counter and hot water tank area.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from grill table, fryer cabinet,interior parts of ice machine.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: must provide a back flow device on ice machine to be seen for service and on mop sink.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: must provide a garbage can with lid in unisex staff and women's toilet room.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must replace stained ceiling tiles in dining area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris and grease from floor in prep area,rear storage area.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean debris build up from walls in main prep area.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: must replace missing light shield in main prep area.
Source: chicago.gov ”
March 3, 2021 6:32 AM
“I had the fish and chips with mashed potatoes. With a cup of lobster bisc soup. I started to feel weird after I ate the food. Like nauseous. I thought it was my pregnancy. Later I was laying in bed and had to run to the bathroom it was not fun. Had a stomach ache for 2 hours and in the bathroom. ”
March 3, 2021 1:42 AM
“Taco's with beef. chips. Started getting a headache and nausea 1-2 hrs later. Later that night (Feb 25th, 2021) had headache, nausea and vomiting, stomach cramps. Friday started diarrhea, severe cramps, and very bad headache. Headache and stomach pain are still hurting and its been 6 days. ”
March 2, 2021 11:24 PM
“Ate burger and chips Ate burger and chips. Was just me. And started an hour after eating, It happened Now after eating ”
March 2, 2021 4:06 AM
“I ordered a trilogy box meal from here. My stomach reacted badly to this a couple hours later as i had really bad stomach ache and had to use the toilet. The trilogy box meal contains a zinger burger, popcorn chicken, chips, corn and 1 chicken strip. ”
February 28, 2021 10:01 AM
“Mexican restaurant. My boyfriend and I flew into town for my Mother’s 80th birthday. We went to dinner there. My sister, her friend and grand daughter, and a family friend, my boyfriend and I. My boyfriend and I had a Corona with a shot of tequila in the Corona in a frosted mug. My Mother has a vir... gin strawberry daiquiri. The others had coke. We all had chips, cheese and salsa. And they had entrees. That night my boyfriend gets sick with diarrhea and vomiting. It goes into Wednesday. We fly home Wednesday evening. I go to work Thursday at 6pm until 2:00 am Friday morning. My sister calls me at 6:00am and tells me Mother has fallen and was laying in vomit and diarrhea. I get out of bed and that’s when mine starts. Diarrhea and vomiting. Mother was admitted to the hospital. She is still in as of 2/28 9:12am. She had a bad case of diarrhea. No vomiting. My boyfriend as of yesterday still has diarrhea. I have had all the above and a fever. Nothing to eat. I’ve sipped a little on Pedialyte and ice chips. I went to the cvs minute clinic yesterday. They required a rapid Covid test before they would see me. I took it. It was negative. I’m going back this morning to see if the doctor can give me something to soothe my belly. And something to lessen this migraine.
February 28, 2021 9:18 AM
“The chips tasted a little funny but thought maybe they were just using a different oil. Symptoms happened about 6 hours after eating the chips, diarrhea and vomiting ”
Recent Interesting Reports
February 15, 2021 11:37 AM
“Not sure she had a turkey burger 1 got sick we ate it at 1:00 pm yesterday and she got sick around 12am later that night ”
February 24, 2021 12:48 AM
February 26, 2021 1:31 AM
“Ate 1/2 of one of the chicken power bowls around 11:00 am, while at work later my stomach started hurting, not even thinking it might be from the food I finished the power bowl later on my lunch break after which my stomach starting hurting really bad, had diarrhea a few times and felt nauseous the... rest of the night, got home around 9 pm and vomited a few times, 10:30 and I’m still in pain a feeling nauseous ”
February 23, 2021 10:52 AM
“Ate Clovis Farms Organic Super Smoothie mix and was nauseous and vomiting about 3 hours later. Passed quickly. I did not believe that the frozen smoothie mix was the cause for some reason... so I ate it again one week later. But unfortunately, about 3 hours after ingestion I again became violentl... y ill. It passed pretty quickly this time, too.
Packs have a Best If Used By date of 07 21 2022 and a code with 20021C05 ”
March 1, 2021 3:46 PM
“Ate 4 chicken strips. Two were partly soggy and the breading was not browned. I tried to cut those parts off and not eat it. About 8 hours later I started to vomit, got severe abdominal pain. ”
February 11, 2021 9:01 AM
“2-10-21, Thinking canned chicken or pre-shredded red cabbage Severe cramping, pain. Then repeated vomiting (Note- also had McDonald’s earlier in the day- it could have been from there) ”
February 25, 2021 9:19 PM
“Ate their red velvet cheesecake for my birthday Monday. Immediately began to feel sick and threw it up. Just thought it was a fluke until I ate more tonicht and again it made me nauseous and vomit.
Two people got sick. 20 minutes after eating. Became nauseous and started to vomit with diarrhea. ... Not even 20 minutes after eating ”
February 26, 2021 3:58 AM
“I had a stuffed crust pizza I ate it Wednesday the 24th I didn't have any problems but soon as the 25th of February I have a slice of pizza that morning and from 12:00 noon for the rest of the day I was having diarrhea and vomiting Guess I'm done with them. I just couldn't keep nothing in my stomac... h I just kept vomiting 4 hours ”
March 2, 2021 7:33 PM
“I was the only one that ate it, symptoms started after a few hours but that was the only thing I ate all day
February 8, 2021 5:00 PM
“Company name: Shenandoah Growers, Inc
Brand name: Simple Truth, That’s Tasty, Shenandoah Growers
Product recalled: Basil
Reason of the recall: Potential Cyclospora contamination
FDA Recall date: February 08, 2021
Recall details: Shenandoah Growers, Inc (Harrisonburg, VA) out of an abundance of... caution, has issued a limited, voluntary recall of approximately 3240 units of branded fresh cut, packaged organic basil clamshells packed at its Indianapolis, Indiana location due to a possible health risk from Cyclospora.
Cyclosporiasis is an intestinal infection caused by the Cyclospora parasite. A person may become infected after ingesting contaminated food or water. Common symptoms include severe abdominal pain, watery diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, body aches and fatigue. The infection is treated with antibiotics and most people respond quickly to treatment.
Only the following specific lot codes are affected: PV40515 1034 | PV40515 3034 | PV40515 4034 | PV40515 3035. The affected product has a country of origin of Colombia and was harvested entirely from Puerto Vallarta Herbs SAS (Farm) and imported by Vallarta Organics LLC dba Organic Destiny (Importer). Affected lot codes shipped:
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (2.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02143-2. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00141-0. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Indianapolis Fruit
- That’s Tasty (Pasta Blend). (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-52008-9. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- That’s Tasty. (0.5 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: 7-68573-50502-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (4 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (1 lb.). Lot Code: PV40515 3034. UPC: N/A. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Vine Line Produce Bulk
- Simple Truth. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 4034. UPC: 0-11110-00876-3. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: Kroger
That’s Tasty. (0.25 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-02515-7. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- Shenandoah Growers by That’s Tasty. (0.75 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 1034. UPC: 7-68573-00101-4. Pack Date: 2/3/2021. Location: J&J Distributing
- That’s Tasty. (3.0 oz). Lot Code: PV40515 3035. UPC: 7-68573-53001-9. Pack Date: 2/4/2021. Location: Schnucks
Recalled products were distributed to select retail stores between 2/3/2021 to 2/4/2021 in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, and Wisconsin.
This recall notification is being issued due to a single instance in which a sample of bulk product was pulled at the port of entry in Miami and tested by the FDA as part of routine surveillance and indicated the potential presence of Cyclospora.
Affected Shenandoah Growers customers have been notified of the recall and instructed to immediately remove and discard recalled products from all store shelves, distribution and other inventories to ensure they are no longer available for sale or consumption.
The Shenandoah Growers recall includes only those clamshells of certified organic basil clearly marked with the affected lot codes listed above. The lot code can be found printed on each clamshell.
No other Shenandoah Growers products are subject to recall, and the company has no knowledge of any illness reported or related to this product to date.
Consumers who may have a recalled basil product should discard it immediately and not eat it. Consumers with questions, or to obtain refunds, may contact the Shenandoah Growers Consumer Response Center at 844-896-6939 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”