Report date: Feb 18, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no employee health policy onsite. Instructed to provide the city's health form or similar documents used to demonstrate compliance. Priority foundation violation. # 7-38-010. Citation issued
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: observed no written clean up procedure posted on site or necessary items outlined in policy available for responding to vomit and diarrhea events that can occur in the food establishment. Instructed to provide and maintain. Priority foundation violation. # 7-38-005. Citation issued.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: observed no hand drying provision available at hand sink located in rear prep area. Instructed to provide and maintain at all times for proper hand washing while open and operating. Manager provided paper towels. Priority foundation violation. 7-38-030 (c). Citation issued.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed excessive dried food debris as well as grease accumulation on all interior and exterior surfaces of refrigeration units and fryers. Must detail clean and maintain.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed waste water backing up in all three floor drains and pouring on the floors throughout rear prep area during the time of inspection. The flooding of water occurs when either of the rear handsinks are turned on and running as well as when the 3 compartment sink basins are let out to drain. Instructed to correct. Priority violation. 7-38-030 (c). Citation issued.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed excessive food debris/grease debris on floors throughout rear prep area under storage shelf units as well as behind all heavy equipment. Instructed to clean and maintain.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: see violation # 60.
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: observed previous core violation not corrected from inspection report #2291051 on june 6, 2019. Violation is as follows. . #58) allergen certificates are required for all employees that have a city of chicago food sanitation license. Instructed to complete the online training and keep certificate onsite. Priority foundation violation. #7-42-090. Citation issued.
61. Summary report displayed and visible to the public
- comments: observed compliance summary report covered with illinois business authorization license with tape. Noted only business name and address visible along with inspection date. Summary report results and findings not visible to public. Instructed to post entire summary report to be visible to customers. Priority foundation violation. 7-42-010 (b). Citation issued.