IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subway, Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, United Kingdom
May 11, 2017 12:20 PM
126 Chanterlands Avenue, Hull, HU5 3TS England, United Kingdom
Had a spicy italian containing salami. Ate most of it apart from a small bit. When I went to put it away in the fridge I noticed that the salami was brown and not the usual colour. Every time I've had one of these sandwiches the meat has always been the colour salami should be. After around 7 hours I developed diarrhea which was and still is very severe, a headache aswell as nausea and vomiting. I told my partner who had the same sandwich as me to stop eating it and check his. His what brown salami too so we took a photo of it. My partner has similar symptoms to me. I've never felt so sick in my life. I will be taking this further as I do not expect to get so Ill from subway. I regularly eat at subway and to be honest after this I never will use the place again. Items were bought on the 10th may 2017 from the mentioned store in hull
November 25, 2020 9:01 AM
“Report date: Nov 23, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: instructed to provide handwashing signage at all handsinks (washroom).
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed black slimy substances on interior water compone... nts of the ice maker,dripping into ice 'ice is used for human consumption'. Management was instructed to turn off machine, remove ice and have interior of ice machine cleaned and sanitized and maintain. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005,citation issued.
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: observed no splashguard at hand sink in the front prep area. Must provide and maintain.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handling employee prepare food without wearing a hair restraint. Management instructed that all food handling employees must wear a hair restraint.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean the food debris on the storage racks inside the walk-in-cooler and to maintain.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: observed water leak at backflow prevention device above the mop sink area. Must repair plumbing leak and to maintain.
52. Sewage & waste water properly disposed
- comments: observed the dish washing 3-compartment sink not maintained. Observed waste water backing out from the open site floor drain onto rear food prep/3-compartment sink area while draining and running water in mentioned sink. Instructed to repair plumbing issue and detail clean and sanitize areas. Priority violation 7-38-030 (c),citation issued.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to remove accumulations of dusts on ceiling ventilation covers at front food prep area and to maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and organize rear storage area and remove unnecessary articles that are stored on top of the walk-in-cooler due to potential pest harborage.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: instructed to replace burnt-out light bulbs at front and rear food prep/3-compartment sink area and maintain adequate lighting at all times.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: observed no food handler certificates provided on the premises. Must show proof of training for all food handling employees.
Source: chicago.gov ”
November 25, 2020 8:47 AM
“I order a footlong sandwich from this location. I ordered my usual that i always get. A footlong on Italian herbs and cheese with pepperoni, ham, bacon, and cheese with salt and pepper. Ive Only eaten their sandwiches this way my whole life, but last night i tried something new, or i was forced to i... guess for the first time in my experience. The store was out of Italian herbs and cheese so I had to get my sandwich on a plain footlong. I also added lettuce for the second time too. I regret going to this store. After goin to bed late from weird stomach sensations, I woke up around 8 with the feeling of "somethings off" then immediately about 2 mins later im in my bathroom face in the toilet projectile vomiting!!! Now im a pretty solid person when it comes to stomach health or not getting stomach related sicknesses, however they legitimately gave me food poisoning and im appalled. And the only things I got different was my bread and adding a veggie. Safe to say IM NEVER BUYING IT AGAIN! ”
November 25, 2020 7:31 AM
“I had Italian herb and cheese bread with chicken, American cheese, onions, banana peppers, and Chipotle sauce, macadamia nut cookie and raspberry cheesecake cookie. Barely finished eating and had to vomit at the store twice then went home and had intense abdominal pain with continued vomiting for ab... out 14-15 hours. ”
November 24, 2020 9:57 AM
“I had a turkey sub I am the only one that ordered the turkey so I am the only one that got sick from sandwiches I am senior citizen ”
November 23, 2020 9:07 PM
“I ate a chicken bacon ranch sub. I ate a subway chicken bacon ranch sub. Ate half the footlong sub and started feeling sick. I then threw up a few times that night and didn't go to work the next morning. Didn't take long before I got sick after eating it. ”
November 21, 2020 10:08 AM
“I got a 12” in hartford tuna, with cheese, lettuce, onion, spinach, green peppers and chipotle south west. and a 6” :, meatball with the same things on it. ”
November 20, 2020 1:31 AM
“Date of Closure: 2020-11-18
Reason For Closure:Vermin Infestation - California Health and Safety Code Section 114259.1
Source: Los Angeles County Environmental Health Department. ”
November 18, 2020 3:47 PM
“Not sure. 1 person sick half hr ago ”
November 18, 2020 10:46 AM
“My roommate and I both ate turkey subs from here and had the same symptoms 5 hours later. Horrible. Never eating there again. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
October 29, 2020 7:33 PM
“3 weeks ago i went there and i ordered a big mac n fries my family ate there too. 20 min after i ate the big mac i started vomiting,by the next day i was vomiting and had diarrhea so i went to the hospital where i was told i had a virus in my blood the hospital helped me get on my feet but only la... sted 3 days where i then started vomiting black stuff and went back to having diarrhea at the same time all over again only this time i was hospitalized for 4 nights and 5 days .. i had some dryed blood from vomiting 3 night prier and was told my insides were bursed ... also i wanna add in i nearly lost my unborn baby due to this ... they had not contacted me with further notice they said 2 weeks id get an email and its been 3 weeks now .... not impressed with them at all ”
November 3, 2020 7:31 PM
“The FDA, along with CDC and state and local partners, investigated a multistate outbreak of Salmonella Stanley infections linked to wood ear mushrooms imported by Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc. of Santa Fe Springs, CA. Wood ear mushrooms are a dried mushroom, also commonly labelled or referred to as Ki... kurage, Dried Black Fungus, Dried Fungus, or Mu’er/Mu Er/Mu-Err.
As of November 4, 2020, the CDC declared that this outbreak is over. Wood ear mushrooms imported by Wismettac Asian Foods, Inc. were only sold to restaurants and were not available directly to consumers.
A total of 55 people infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Stanley was reported from 11 states. 6 people required hospitalization and no death has been reported.
Check the full outbreak notice on the CDC website fda.gov
Source: CDC ”
November 4, 2020 7:17 AM
“Big Mac Ate the Big Mac at around 5 pm.was up at 2 am..throwing up and diarrhea my daughter in law the same thing ”
November 18, 2020 11:25 AM
“Ate a bag of cool ranch doritos, I noticed a slight weird beany taste about them but kept eating anyway. Soon after I felt extremely bloated & have been developing watery diarrhea for the past 2 days. I noticed a sudden fatigue & like I couldn't stay away, then bubbling in my guts along with a sudde... n headache ”
November 15, 2020 7:45 AM
“I ordered the Philly cheesesteak, fries, and a peach lemonade. Ate around 6 pm. The next morning (about 4 am) I feel very nauseous and have a bad stomach ache. Felt like my muscles were in knots. I vomited 3 times and have 5 episodes of diarrhea! Definitely won’t be eating there anymore! ”
November 22, 2020 6:45 PM
“I ate Campbell Chili Mac with 21g of protein. Next morning, I’ve been throwing up, diarrhea and nausea ”
November 12, 2020 8:12 PM
“Ordered a chicken bacon ranch toasted online
Everything was cold inclining the meat that would be warmed even if it was toasted, was in too much of a hurry to deal with it/go back. Woke up at 5am puking and unable to leave the restroom. Also had to leave work early. ”
November 22, 2020 11:42 PM
“I had dinner there on 11/21/20. I had some of the Senor Croque, biscuit, and the Cookie Monster shake. Two others in our party of six ended up getting sick as well. One vomited and the other experienced nausea. ”