Subway Restaurants, North Main Street, Hailey, ID, USA
Food Poisoning 1 year ago
North Main Street, Hailey, 83333 Idaho, United States
1 person had — diarrhea and nausea
“My boyfriend and I both got a tuna sub and we also got my mom a chicken breast sub. Minutes after I finished mine, my stomach started growling with some pain. I went to the bathroom feeling really nauseous and with bad stomach pain. I had diarrhea along with throwing... up 🤢 while I was in the bathroom, my bf told me he had to use the toilet really bad. Basically we both got sick and my mom was fine. So I’m sure it had to do with the tuna.. First time I get sick from it. ”
“Report date: Feb 25, 2020
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: a sign or poster that notifies food employees to wash their hands not provided on exposed hand washing sinks in front prep area. Signs shall be provided at all handshaking sinks used by food employees...
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed that employee wore bracelets on hands while working with food. Must remove all jewelry except plain wedding band from hands while working with exposed food
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from 7/31/2020 report # 2303962 not corrected as follows: violation #51 backflow prevention devices not located at ice machine-soda machine. Must install so backflow prevention devices or air gap between the water supply inlet and the unit so it may be located to be serviced and maintained violation #51 must repair urinal flush that is not working priority foundation:7-42-090,citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
“Report date: Feb 20, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: 6-304. 11-washroom ventilation inoperable.... Must repair/replace.
57. All food employees have food handler training
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of food handler training or certificates for all required employees. Must provide.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: 2-102. 13-no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers.
Source: chicago.gov ”
“I believe it was having the Meat Feast. I was horribly sick within a few hours and have how been experiencing diahorrea for the past 2 days Just me, a few hours. I had the meat feast, then me & my friend (who'd had a different Sub but was okay)... went to the cinema. As the film as about to finish I felt queasy and when we got home I rushed to the toilet and was the most sick I'd been while completely sober. I then continued to feel sick throughout the evening. The next day I had diarrhea throughout, and same again today. Also I've had a splitting headache throughout. My eyes esepcially hurt as they're so dry. ”
“had a philly cheesesteak with spinich tomatoes lettuce and extra ranch dressing ”
“Had a mix of tacos on June 1st. I got violently ill, vomiting and diarrhea. The others I was with got ill as well and one was hospitalized with an inflamed colon and 102 degree fever. ”
“There is some confusion surrounding the current Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) outbreak that began in December 2019 and whether you can get it through food. Here is some information:
Feb 26 UPDATE: The Chinese CDC is investigating the possibility that the virus can be spread through fecal matter that could possibly... contaminate food and water. The Chinese CDC has found live viruses in stool samples of COVID-19 patients and can be a partial explanation for the rapid spread of the disease. The agency is recommending strengthening sanitation and hygiene measures.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. Past outbreaks include Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The current novel(a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans) Coronavirus strain called 2019-nCoV is thought to originate in live food markets in Wuhan, China through animals and human contact.
How is it transmitted?
Coronaviruses strains are usually transmitted through the respiratory system, so it is typically thought of as a low risk of infection from contaminated food. Restaurants can be a site of transmission of coronavirus because of the large numbers of people congregating in close quarters and then coughing/sneezing could spread the disease just like in other places (transportation, schools, etc). But the food itself normally isn’t a likely vehicle.
The current Coronavirus strains 2019-nCoV has been found in stool samples of COVID-19 patients by the Chinese CDC which means that the current outbreak might be transmitted from multiple routes not just through the respiratory system as usual.
Signs of infection?
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases and those with weakened immune systems, an infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
World Health Organization (WHO) recommends standard measures to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth+nose when coughing/sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing. Additional recommendations from the Chinese CDC include strengthening health publicity and education; maintaining environmental health and personal hygiene; drinking boiled water, avoiding raw food consumption, and implementing separate meal systems in epidemic areas; frequently washing hands and disinfecting of surfaces of objects in households, toilets, public places, and transportation vehicles; and disinfecting the excreta and environment of patients in medical facilities to prevent water and food contamination from patients’ stool samples.
For more info, please visit: who.int and weekly.chinacdc.cn ”
“Rice Cây dừa Bought the 50 pound rice , eat for 2 months. Feeling not good. Last week I try to sate the rice over the pan the rice burned very fast becoming like a plastic after sate . I stop eat it for a week but still headache, floating... and tiredness all the time . The family of 3 we all eat it for about 3 months , we eat about 15 pounds. The white rice call Gạo cây dừa ”
“Both my spouse and I had chicken and have spent all day in the bathroom. I believe it was the chicken we ate. 2 out of 3 of us are having diarrhea and committing. The other guest is also starting to feel ill. We ate at the restaurant around 12pm... yesterday 2/13. We all consumed chicken and an appetizer. Symptoms started about 12 hours later. ”
“I purchased their bagged mixed lettuce. I made a salad last evening at about 5:00 p.m. I started feeling sick, about 10:00 p.m. and went to bed. I had horrific acid reflux all night despite my taking my acid reflex medication. About 5:30-6:00 a.m. I was extremely nauseated and within... a half an hour I started vomiting. I vomited a whole lot. I stayed in bed and now I feel quite dizzy and still nauseated. My salad also contained pre-made eggs purchased from a diferent location and canned kidney beans. That is the extent of it. Now I'm feeling ”
Forward reports to public health agencies
We monitor and review all reports
We detect and predict outbreaks
Help others around us