IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tropical Smoothie Cafe, 5139 80th St, Lubbock, TX 79424, USA
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps
2 months ago
Suspected food poisoning. Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps
Suspected source: I’m not sure really I had the the Chicken bacon flatbread, Peanut Butter crunch flatbread and Bahama mama smoothie. I ate the peanut butter crunch flatbread for breakfast and at 1230 I ate the chicken... bacon flatbread along with the shake and within an hour 1/2 I was so sick went to ER had IV fluids are morphine for the massive cramps. Unfortunately this happened about 8 months ago had the same problem went to ER. I thought today 9/25/23 I would try the again but regret it so much. I am hurting so bad still from 1115 am continuing now and it’s 9/26/23 230am Central Standard Time
Onset: Right away
Duration: 4 to 12 hours
Sick: Me | Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain, Cramps
I brought the green detox smoothie and shortly after, it made me sick. I’ve been throwing up and uncontrollably dia | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
11/14/2023 I got a chorizo burrito and cranberry truffle smoothie. My stomach started hurting about 20 minutes after eating it and I felt very sick and kept having to use the restroom.. today 11/16/2023 I thought it was the burrito that caused it so I only ordered... a peanut paradise smoothie. but an hour later here I am in pain and hunched over while in class. My stomach is killing me and it feels as if I’m going to shit myself. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach Pain
Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Had a jetty punch (sub splenda) within the hour extreme nausea and vomiting. Six hours in I am still not ok. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
I got the POMEGRANATE PLUNGE around 530. Around noon the next day I starting feeling miserable. I had nausea stomach cramps and diarrhea. This is the 2nd time I have gotten sick from there. I'm not going anymore. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Cramps
I had 2 slices of bacon pizza and 1 slice of hawaiian pizza. I suspect it to be the Hawaiian because the pineapple keeps coming up in my vomit. It tasted fine, but I feel really ill. I can't even hold water down, I've been vomiting all day.
Sick: 2 people | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Ordered the Sweet and spicy mb and got violently ill. This is the second time this has happened at this location. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
coffee and ice cream, Both my husband and I ate coffee ice cream from marble slab in Lubbock last night and are sick today with diarrhea and throw up. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Closure Date: 10/19/2023
- Cream cheese stuffed jalapeños were above safe cold temperature of 41 degrees
- Raw shrimp was above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
- Raw chicken above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
- Raw pork and raw chicken, in... a cooler for longer than four hours, were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
- Raw chicken was stored above salmon, raw pork and several ready-to-eat items.
- Shrimp was thawed at ambient temperature overnight.
- The dish wash machine was not sanitizing.
- The dish washer machine was not dispensing sanitizer.
- A knife that was not in use was dirty.
- Vegetable peelers had food debris on them.
- An employee washed their hands for less than 10 seconds; hand washing must be for at least 20 seconds.
- An employee did not wash their hands after going outside and coming back inside to prepare food.
- An employee did not change their dirty gloves when returning to food prep.
- The facility did not have a certified food protection manager.
- There were no food handler training records for employees available.
- There was no consumer advisory posted raw or under cooked foods.
- There was no letter of guarantee available. This is given to a facility from a supplier if foods are sold to eat in raw or partially cooked form - like sushi.
- There was no date mark on cut vegetables.
- There was a sponge in the hand sink.
- A hand sink was blocked by stacked pots.
- Dry batter mix was on the floor.
- The handle of a scoop was in contact with salt.
- Service items were being towel dried. Equipment and utensils must be air dried.
- Wet service equipment was stacked together. They must be allowed airflow to dry.
- In-use utensils were stored in water that was 104 degrees. It must be at least 135 degrees to kill bacteria.
- The 3-compartment sink was not sealed to the wall.
- Single use cups were used as scoops.
- Three containers of liquid did not have a label.
- A bulk container of white powder did not ha anve a label.
- There was an accumulation of residue on the vent hood.
- There was food residue and debris on the front prep table.
- Employees, personal drinks were stored on the prep line and above the drink station.
- The inspector notes, due to the number and the nature of the violations there was no active managerial control demonstrated.
Closure Date: 10/19/2023
- Cut tomatoes and bell peppers were above the safe cold temperature of 41 degrees.
- An open container of minced garlic did not have an expiration date.
- The can opener blade was dirty.
- A drain line was leaking onto cups... that were stored under a drink station.
- An ice scoop, with an accumulation of debris, was stored on the ice machine.
- Each component of the 3-compartment sink was connected to the sewage system.
- Hard boiled eggs were held past their use by date.
- Cut bell peppers and onions were held past their discard date.
- An open container of half and half did not have a use by date.
- There were no chlorine test strips available to test the chlorine sanitizer at the dish washer.
- The reach-in cooler was not working.
- The lower part of the walk-in cooler was broken and separating.
- There were gaps at the bottom of the exterior door.
- An employee’s drink did not have a cover.
- A box of ribeye steaks was stored on the floor.
- A box of croissants was on the floor of the walk-in freezer.
- Cooked bacon was stored, uncovered, on top of a prep line shelf.
- Ice accumulation in a freezer was touching food packages.
- Frozen deli meat was thawing in standing water.
- A box of single-use plates was on the floor.
- The 3-compartment sink and hand sink were not sealed to the wall.
- A single-use cup was used as a scoop.
- Accumulation of food and debris on the non food-contact surfaces on the interior of the microwave.
- Accumulation of debris on the vent hood.
- Accumulation of dirt and debris on the non food-contact surfaces on the interior of the ice machine.
- The light intensity was not strong enough in the walk-in cooler.
- The light intensity was not strong enough on the prep-line.
- The light intensity was not strong enough in the ware wash area.
- The floor area behind the grill station was dirty.
- The flooring throughout the kitchen does not allow for proper drainage.
- An employee’s personal food was stored above the prep area.
- An employee’s personal items were in the walk-in cooler.
- Ceiling tiles were separating.
- The trash can in the restroom did not have a lid.
- There was no hand washing sign in the restroom.
- The inspector notes there was an excessive accumulation of dust, dirt, food residue and other debris on non food-contact surfaces of the grill station and inside the below storage unit.
Recent Interesting Reports
Warmed up the chili around 5:30pm ate it at about 6:00pm. The chili did not taste weird or look strange. Went to bed around 10:00 and woke up at 11:30 to vomit. Vomited several times throughout the night. | Symptoms: Nausea, Vomiting
Hot Pockets Meatballs and Mozzarella, Target Grocery, North Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA, USA
1 day ago
My son ate a hot pocket after school and became violently ill - lasted about 12 hours from the time he ate it. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting
Fruit cups and trays with cantaloupe sold in Sprouts farmer, Kroger & Trader joe's - recalled due to Salmonella
1 week ago
Update December 06, 2023
The FDA announced that the company issued a correction to states distributed to for Sprouts to include Florida and remove Alabama. No additional products or dates have been added.
November 29, 2023
GHGA, LLC is voluntarily recalling select fresh-cut products made... from whole cantaloupe subject to a previously announced product recall initiated by Sofia Produce, LLC dba Trufresh, due to potential Salmonella contamination. The fresh-cut fruit products containing recalled cantaloupe were distributed to Kroger stores in Alabama and Georgia, Sprouts stores in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina, and Trader Joe’s retail stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee. No illnesses have been confirmed to be associated with products.
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
All GHGA fresh-cut fruit products associated with the recalled whole cantaloupe associated with the outbreak have expired, however, consumers who have purchased these items and may have frozen them for later use are urged not to consume the products and return the items to their local store for a full refund.
As of November 29, there have been no illnesses reported related to GHGA fresh-cut products. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), several illnesses have been reported to date in connection with the whole cantaloupe recalled by Sofia Produce, LLC dba Trufresh, however, as of November 29, no illnesses have been confirmed to be associated with GHGA products.
The products are packaged in clear square or round plastic containers, marked with a “sell by” date and a lot code on the label.
Voluntarily recalled items include the specific products, lot codes, and expiration dates below. No other products are affected.
You can see the affected products list in the images attached or in the link below.
In case you are experiencing Salmonella symptoms, it is important to report it. It can help to detect & resolve outbreaks early and prevent others from being harmed, and it enables better surveillance. If symptoms persist, seek medical care.
Company name: GHGA, LLC
Brand name: Sprouts Farmers Market, Trader Joe’s, None
Product recalled: Fruit cups and trays containing cantaloupe.
Reason of the recall: Potential to be contaminated with Salmonella
FDA Recall date: November 29, 2023
3 weeks ago
The sweet tea tasted a little off and was cloudy. I just had tea and my grandson had a meal . Within 8 hours we are both experiencing vomiting, nausea , weakness and diarrhea. We both had the sweet tea. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Weakness
I had a salad from there yesterday I woke up at 4 am vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps and all that was coming out both ends was lettuce and the pesto chicken I got from there | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Cramps
Had a South west salad from Walmart the salad kits expires 11/30/23 today is 11/29/23 And I feel very sick. I threw up at work 3 times a and diarrhea also lots of stomach and chest pain. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Chest Pain, Stomach Pain
6 days ago
I ate a big tasty menu, and the next evening, I was vomiting, dizzy, nauseous, dizzy, dizzy, dizzy, sick. Fortunately it happened 2/3 days later, even if now I still feel a bit weird, it's gradually going away. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Stomach Pain
Ordered the regular sized Club sandwich. Had it Mikes way with nothing else added. Within 4 hours I was having severe stomach cramping and then diarrhea for 3 days. Unable to eat or drink for those days, I ended up in the urgent care being treated for... food poisoning and severe dehydration. The dehydration caused muscle pain and spasms. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Cramps, Dehydration, Muscle Spasms, Muscle Pain
Two of us, got a spicy Italian and a Titan turkey with some oatmeal raisin cookies we shared. Within hours of eating it (nothing else eaten between) nausea, abdominal cramps, diarrhea in both of us | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Cramps
I had beef pho there on Friday & I got really sick Friday night. I had nausea, fever, chills, & vomited. I was up all night trying to lessen the symptoms. When I woke up the next day, the diarrhea started. I still have fever & chills... 4 days later. I think the beef may have been undercooked and/or the broth was not hot enough. | Symptoms: Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Fever, Chills