Crab Food Poisoning
“Report date: Jun 22, 2020
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: observed small amounts of black, mold like substance on plastic shield inside lower portion of ice machine (near restaurant). Must detail clean and sanitize. Must maintain same.
21. Proper hot holding temperatures
- comments: observed tcs foods... at improper temperatures inside the hot holding unit on the sales floor of the grocery. Found cooked whole chickens and chicken and rice meals ranging in temperatures from 111. 2f - 120. 0f. Instructed must keep hot tcs foods at 135f or more at all times while in hot holding unit. Operator voluntarily discarded denatured foods during inspection. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: observed tcs foods at improper temperatures inside 2 door (seafood) cooler at deli counter. Found tilapia @ 48. 2f; shrimp @ 47. 9f; and crab legs @ 47. 0f. Found cooked steak @ 460f in kitchen walk in. Instructed all tcs foods must be held @ 41f or less at all times while in refrigeration. Operator voluntarily discarded denatured foods during inspection. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued. Combined with above violation 3-501. 16(a:1)
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed no labels on prepped tcs foods in coolers and walk-in coolers throughout facility. Must properly label all prepped tcs foods with discard date no more than 7 day from preparation date. All items labeled during inspection. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
33. Proper cooling methods used; adequate equipment for temperature control
- comments: observed 2 glass door seafood cooler unable to maintain proper temperature. Ambient air temperature @ 53. 6f inside cooler. Instructed must maintain temperature of 41f or less inside all refrigeration. Operator removed cooler from deli counter during inspection. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
47. Food & non-food contact surfaces cleanable, properly designed, constructed & used
- comments: observed heavily soiled cutting boards with deep groves in meat cutting cooler room. Must resurface or replace cutting boards.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: observed large plastic containers (in walk in cooler in basement) too large to fully submerge in existing 3 compartment sinks to properly wash, rinse and sanitize. Instructed must eliminate large plastic containers too large to fit in existing 3 compartment sinks; or replace existing sinks with basins large enough to accommodate all utensils; or provide an approved method (and demonstrate) to properly wash, rinse and sanitize all utensils.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: observed excessive ice accumulation inside walk in freezer in rear of grocery, behind restaurant. Must defrost, clean and sanitize. Must maintain same.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed pooling clear water on floor of meat walk in cooler in basement. Must keep clean and dry. Must maintain same. Observed heavily stained ceiling tiles in basement prep area. Must replace.
Source: chicago.gov ”
Symptoms: Nausea Vomiting Other Diarrhea Blurry vision Dizziness
“But crab legs from there. Couple hours later felt sick. Next day vomiting, blurred vision, nauseous, dizzy, diarrhea, shaking. ”
Symptoms: Nausea Vomiting Other Headache Dizziness
“After eating Louis Kemp Imitation Crab (#M012521) I became extremely dizzy and nauseated, unable to walk, headache, vomiting. ”
Symptoms: Vomiting Bloating Loss of Appetite Stomach Pain
“Trident seafoods imitation crab. I ate a handful of the imitation crab that afternoon. Shortly after I wasn’t feeling to good. So I went to bed. The next Day I had no appetite, that evening I got a really bad stomach ache and felt very bloated. Next thing I know,... I’m vomiting like a waterfall for 10 min. Then was unable to sleep the rest of the night. Today, day three I’m feeling a little better. Not much of an appetite but on the upside. ”
“Company name: Trident Seafoods
Brand name: Gordon Choice
Product recalled: Imitation Crab Supreme Style
Reason of the recall: May contain undeclared egg white
FDA Recall date: June 22, 2020
Recall details: Trident Seafoods is recalling Gordon Choice® Imitation Crab Supreme Style, because it may contain undeclared egg white. People who... have an allergy or severe sensitivity to eggs run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. No illnesses or allergenic reactions have been reported to date.
Product subject to the recall was distributed in the following states: AL, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, NC, NH, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV through Gordon Food Service distribution and Gordon Food Service Stores. Gordon Choice® Imitation Crab Supreme Style is packed in vacuum-sealed plastic 40-ounce packages. Each package is marked with a lot code, and the recall is limited to the following lot codes: M828803, M904202, M916303, and M935004, M016004.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered through internal product and label review that product containing egg white was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of eggs. Consumers who have purchased Gordon Choice® Imitation Crab Supreme Style are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-866-413-4749, or by email to ConsumerAffairs@tridentseafoods.com.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Indigestion Loss of Appetite
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea
“Got nissin chilli crab cup noodles.. Bought from redmart. This is 15/6/2020
Ate as supper woke up at few hours ltr with pain. Then 1 hr ltr after that woke again with major pain and diarrhea nausa and disconfort everywhere. So tired and exhausted at the moment took bao jin... wan 2packs and pain is decreased but still there on and off now. Diarrhea 4 times and still counting.
My dinner was 6 hrs apart was really hungry couldnt sleep and ate the chillicrab cup noodle with empty stomach as supper. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Vomiting Sweating Stomach Pain
“We ordered the Meatloaf lunch special my husband and I ordered the same thing and shortly after eating about half of our food we both felt very nauseous. So we both put the food away. Later on that night we both were feeling very sick he was able to use... the bathroom, but for hours.I was in so much pain in my stomach.The next day is when it hit me the worst.I was vomiting uncontrollably and going to the bathroom for hours very scary situation when you are sweating non stop vomiting and diarrhea.I will never eat there again.I also had a free slice of Strawberry cheesecake with my order. ”
|1 person found this review helpful
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Vomiting Other Bloating Stomach Pain
Symptoms: Nausea Stomach Pain
“ribs My son, 7, had the ribs and had intense abdominal pain overnight, he was inconsolable. We used telehealth and they believed quickly it was from dinner and if he wasn't better the next day to take him in. He went through waves every few hours of intense pain so... I took him to urgent care, where they agreed it was most likely bacteria from food and helped us get him medication to be on the mend. ”
|2 people found this review helpful
Symptoms: Diarrhea Stomach Pain
|2 people found this review helpful
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Vomiting Fever Cramps
“I had the babacoa bowl with everything on it. Started with stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea and a fever. I couldnt eat anything for 4 days straight. Doctor said I had food poisoning or a stomach virus. Never eating there again. ”
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Other Sweating Stomach Pain
“I have been isolating since February as I am immuno compromised. Yesterday, I went to drive through here to TRY and eat something from what used to be normal. Ordered 2 breaded chicken trio with fries and coffee. And a Dave on the side. My brother ate his Dave and... I had my chicken sandwhich. The portions were ridiculously child menu size! I took pictures. The worst thrown together sandwhich. I thought my first quarantine takeout would be incredible. Your commercials are SO misleading. $23 got us nothing. Thankfully no one ate second chicken sandwich. Low and behold- I got sick. Nausea, sweats, stomach pangs and pains. Diarrhea several times. Up all night. Nausea, sweats stomach pains in morning. Tremors.
Tried having a toast mid day, and again could not handle it. Diarrhea, nausea, tremors, unwellness and its evening. How many days is this going to waste? Shame them! You have all the time in the world to present good food, bigger normal portions not kids menu size, and practice safe handling of food!!! I worked in restaurants and am a home chef. Unacceptable. No napkins, no condiments were given for $23. Never again. ”
Symptoms: Nausea Vomiting
“My girlfriend and I both got sick after eating there. She has been vomiting after everything she has eaten since and I have just had a very unsettled stomach since. Both of us felt the symptoms about 3 hours after eating. ”
Symptoms: Diarrhea Nausea Stomach Pain