IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get food poisoning from airline food. Diarrhea and vomiting are the most commonly reported symptoms & norovirus is the most commonly reported diagnosis. The risk of bacteria can be greater with airline food due to the lag time between when the food is prepared and when it’s served.
April 1, 2021 9:02 AM
“Report date: Mar 30, 2021
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: found approximately 25 small live flies on wall in front buffet service area and in the bar area (admiral 2nd floor). Instructed to remove, clean and sanitize the affected areas. Recommend to contact licensed pest... control for service. Priority foundation violation 7-38-020 (a) citation issued
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and maintain storage racks with white mold like build-up inside walk-in cooler (flagship 1st floor).
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: instructed to detail clean and maintain exterior top and sides of high temperature dishmachine (admiral second floor) with calcium/lime build-up.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: backflow preventer device not located behind coffee/espresso machine (buffet service area). Instructed to install so that it can be located to be serviced and maintained.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: toilet room receptacle must be covered inside employee women's washroom. Instructed to provide lid/cover.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: instructed to clean and maintain floor with mold like build-up inside walk-in cooler (flagship side first floor).
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: found incomplete allergen training certificate in accordance with pa 100-0367 on site. Instructed any person with city of chicago food service sanitation certificate to comply with allergen training certification.
Source: chicago.gov ”
March 22, 2021 12:19 PM
“on 6 January 2021 My husband and I travelled from Cape Town to Munich departing 6 January and arriving 7 January. We both ate the vegetarian pasta which made us extremely ill. We were ill for 5-6 days after the flight. Unfortunately Lufthansa will not take responsibility for this because no one e... lse from the flight has reported it. If you were also sick from this then please report it to Lufthansa. ”
February 15, 2021 10:23 AM
December 8, 2020 6:42 PM
“Was flying from doha to washington, everything was fine until i ate dinner(Lamb biryani) an hour or two before landing. I throw up multiple times . ”
December 7, 2020 11:25 AM
“Its overdue but I figured putting info out there is important in case anyone else got sick too. I was on the EWR-PEK flight from Jersey to BeiJing in July 2019. I ate the chicken stirfry dinner option and within about 5 hours had uncontrollable diarrhea that lasted 12 hours. I ended up going to emer... gency room on landing, but was ok after 12 hours. Feel like it was C. perfringens but idk. Not sure if anyone else on the flight got the same sickness. Food illness on a 14 hours flight one of the suckiest experiences of my life. ”
November 30, 2020 7:11 PM
“Qatar Airways warm meals, either from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to Doha or from Doha to Philadelphia. Arrived home in the Philadelphia Area after two weeks in Istanbul, Turkey without incident. Flight from Doha to Philadelphia was approximately 14 hours long and had 3 microwaved hot meals. The day afte... r arriving home, had one odd solid bowel movement followes by an entire day of bowel pain and clear liquid diarrhea followed by shakes and chills. ”
October 8, 2020 6:19 PM
“In flight dining service - first class on 9/28. Grapes from cheese and cracker platter Consumed grapes on flight to Tampa. Illness onset approximately 48 hours later, high fever, body aches, nausea, and bloody diarrhea. Patient admitted to hospital with laboratory confirmed Campylobacter. ”
August 12, 2020 7:35 PM
“possibly rice curry It was my daughter travelling to NZ she was sick around12 hours after eating on the plane from Doha to Sydney. then she became violently ill when on plane to NZ Auckland vomiting, and the runs, weakness headache, she is in Quarantine in auckland and is still unwell but improving.... she has had a covid test which is negative. ”
May 14, 2020 4:05 AM
“My wife became ill(Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting & stomach cramps) a few hours from landing in Thailand following our long flight from the UK. We ended up taking her to the hospital the following day, where they confirmed that it seems like food poisoning. They put her on a drip and prescribed a series... of drugs to help manage the pain. She had not eaten since arriving in Thailand and couldn't eat anything or go anywhere but the hotel room for 3 more days, following she was only able to eat bland food for the following time in Thailand (2 week trip). We believe that it was the inflight turkey pastry provide a couple of hours prior to landing, it was not very warm and she wasn't able to finish it as she felt it tasted off. It was also one of the few things that only came in a cardboard case instead of the usual plastic sealed. ”