IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
If your report is poison related call
for a free consultation with a live medical poisoning expert
Visit our learn pages for more helpful information or, email us: email@example.com
Rice is a common cause of food poisoning. Uncooked rice can contain the food poisoning bacteria Bacillus cereus. The bacteria survive even after the rice is cooked, and mishandling can lead to toxin production. Onset of symptoms can be as soon as an hour after and include vomiting and diarrhea.
March 3, 2021 11:28 PM
“03/01, chicken bowl with lettuce, queso, sour cream, black beans, brown rice, and salsa My sister had it but her bowl did not contain lettuce, queso, sour cream, or chicken. I ate it at 10 pm, started diarrhea at 2am, vomiting started 5 am, fever and chills and body aches started 2 am ”
March 3, 2021 12:21 PM
“I GOT SICK WITHIN LESS THAN TWO HOURS OF EATING HALF OF A LARGE POLLO TROPICHOP WITH CHICKEN, BLACK BEANS, WHITE RICE,PEPPERS AND ONIONS. FOR TWO DAYS I HAVE BEEN HAVING SEVERE STOMACH CRAMPS, DIARRHEA AND NAUSEU. WILL NEVER EAT FROM ANY LOCATION EVER AGAIN ”
March 3, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Feb 25, 2021
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: observed no written employee health policy on the premises. Management instructed to provide a signed employee health policy for each employee. Priority foundati... on violation 7-38-010,no citation issued
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed prepared ready to eat tcs foods not in the original containers such as flavored cream cheeses,riceand soups not properly date labeled with an expiration date no longer than 7 days. Must properly date label all such foods. Priority foundation violation. 7-38-005 no citation issued
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: observed wiping cloths stored on top of front hand washing sink. Must properly store wiping cloths in a sanitizing solution when not in use.
43. In-use utensils: properly stored
- comments: observed ice scoops stored on top of ice machine. Must properly store ice scoops in a clean container to prevent contamination.
51. Plumbing installed; proper backflow devices
- comments: additional water preasure needed at the hand washing sink in rear food preparation area. Must repair and maintain.
54. Garbage & refuse properly disposed; facilities maintained
- comments: outside garbage area not maintained. Observed outside garbage dumpster overflowing preventing lis from closing properly. Also observed accumulation of garbage and trash on ground surrounding dumpster. This is harborage and a food source for rodents and others pests. Priority foundation violation 7-38-020(b) citation issued
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: observed dirt and grease build up on floor under around and behing cooking eaquipment. Must clean and maintain.
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previous core violations not corrected from report#2456883 on 11/20/2020. #51 backflow prevention device not located at ice maker. Must install so backflow prevention device may be located to be serviced and maintained. #56 instructed to detail clean kitchen exhaust hood filters to remove accumulations of grease-build-up and to maintain. #57 observed no food handler certificates provided on the site. Must show proof of training for all food handling employees. #58 allergen training is required for all employees that have a city of chicago food sanitation cert priority foundation violation 7-42-090 no citation issued.
Source: chicago.gov ”
March 3, 2021 9:01 AM
“Report date: Feb 25, 2021
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: no person in charge present at the time of inspection. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: noted... no certified food manager on duty while tcs foods (rice, beans etc. ) were being prepared and served. Instructed management that a certified food manager must be present at all times tcs foods are prepared and served also the person in charge must have a city of chicago certificate by next inspection (upon being inspected) priority foundation violation 7-38-012. Citation issued
39. Contamination prevented during food preparation, storage & display
- comments: no splash guard between front exposed hand sink and coffee prep table and at the rear prep area and drainboard of 3 compartment sink. Must install a washable splash guard.
54. Garbage & refuse properly disposed; facilities maintained
- comments: noted outside garbage dumpster overloaded and preventing proper lid closure. Instructed to always have dumpster lid closed to prevent food source for pest priority foundation #7-38-020(b).
Source: chicago.gov ”
March 2, 2021 5:03 PM
“Both my friend and I had burrito bowls with white rice, black beans, fajitas, chicken, and mild salsa yesterday and we both have severe food poisoning now. ”
Chef Boyardee Rice with Chicken and Vegetables, ACME Markets, Baltimore Pike, Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania 19018, USA
March 1, 2021 6:09 PM
“My son choked on a peice of plastic that was in the middle of the chef boyardee rice with chicken and vegetables I wish I knew how to post a picture I want to report it everywhere !!! ”
March 1, 2021 5:00 PM
“Company name: The Quaker Oats Company
Brand name: Quaker
Product recalled: Rice Crisps Sweet Barbecue Flavor
Reason of the recall: May Contain Undeclared Soy Ingredients
FDA Recall date: March 01, 2021
Recall details: The Quaker Oats Company, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc., today issued a volunt... ary recall for 3.03 oz. bags of Quaker Rice Crisps Sweet Barbecue Flavor because they may contain undeclared soy ingredients. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume the product contained inside the recalled bags.
If you have purchased the impacted product, we advise you not to consume the product and urge you to dispose it. A total of 4,550 bags are being recalled with a specific best before date of May 29, 2021. The products covered by this recall may have been distributed to retail stores in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
- Quaker Rice Crisps Sweet Barbecue Flavor (3.03 oz. Bags). UPC: 0 30000 31984 0. Best Before: MAY29213M21
No other Quaker products or Rice Crisps bag sizes or flavors are impacted by this recall. At this time, there are no reports of illness. Quaker has informed the FDA of the action.
Consumers with the product noted below can return the product to a retailer for a refund or contact Quaker Consumer Relations at 1-800-367-6287 (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday). The specific recalled product information is listed below:
Check the full recall details on fda.gov
Source: FDA ”
March 1, 2021 12:43 PM
“Had chicken burrito last night and sick today. Other people who ordered at same time had burrito bowls, but none had chicken and they are fine. (Although they all complained about rice not being fully cooked and poorly prepared items). Diarrhea, nausea and chills ”
February 28, 2021 12:45 AM
“Purchased chicken and wild rice soup via grocery delivery (Walmart or Target). Have been sick 4 days, 3 hours after eating this soup. ”
February 27, 2021 10:16 PM
“February 27,2021 had a chicken burrito with rice pinto beans pico chz guacamole sour cream japs chips queso and a coke it was delicious as always but immediately when I got home I vomited profusely diarrhea stomach cramps very sick I can’t imagine it was anything else but food poisoning I hate to wr... ite this I love this place hope they are being careful with food temps etc 😔🤮🤢 ”
Recent Interesting Reports
February 26, 2021 9:00 AM
“On February 12, my husband and I stopped there for dinner. I ordered hot Turkey and Chicken Corn Chowder soup. He ordered the same soup but had ziti. The turkey came out luke warm but I put hot gravy on it. That should have been a sign for me. About two hours later I felt a heaviness in my stom... ach. About 5 hours later I had severe diarrhea. That lasted for about two hours in the night and was accompanied by vomiting and a slight fever which lasted for some part of the next day. My husband was spared. -Because he didn't have the Turkey. ”
February 10, 2021 1:00 PM
“Company name: Dole Fresh Vegetables
Brand name: Dole
Product recalled: Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad Kit
Reason of the recall: Undeclared wheat and tree nuts
FDA Recall date: February 10, 2021
Recall details: Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. is voluntarily recalling two lot codes of Dole™ Sunflower... Crunch Chopped Salad Kit.
- Dole™ Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad Kit. UPC: 0-71430-00034-2. Best If Used by Date: 02-11-21. Lot code: W02702A | W02702B.
This recall is due to possible undeclared allergens (wheat and tree nuts) in Dole™ Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad Kit. The dressing and topping kit (master pack) designed for a different Dole product was unintentionally used during a portion of the production of the salad. Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. is coordinating closely with regulatory officials. No illnesses nor allergic reactions have been reported to date in association with the recall. However, people who have an allergy to wheat and tree nuts may have a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
The product lot code and Best if Used by Date are located on the upper right corner of each bag and the UPC code is located on the bottom right corner of the back of each bag. The impacted products were distributed in OH, NY and WI. Consumers are advised to check product they have in their homes and discard any product matching the production description, UPC codes, product lot code and Best if Used by Date listed above.
No other Dole products are included in the recall. Only Dole™ Sunflower Crunch Chopped Salad Kit with the exact UPC code, lot code and Best if Used by Date identified above are included in the recall. Consumers who have any remaining product should not consume it, but rather discard it. Retailers and consumers with questions may call the Dole Consumer Center at 1-800-356-3111Call: 1-800-356-3111, which is open 24 hours a day.
Check the full recall details on fda.gov ”
February 5, 2021 4:05 PM
“I ordered fries, new bbq bites and hot wings along with a fillet tower burger. I ate all but the burger and threw up immediately with a sore and tight stomach. Very sore chest, throat, ribs and stomach afterwards. Hurts to laugh. Never experienced this type of food poisoning before. ”
February 6, 2021 10:00 AM
“Ate clams from a buffet Goodevening,
Would to file a formal complain there. We arrived in Boracay Feb. 2, 2021 and checked in at La Carmela. Since then, we opted to eat anywhere but on Feb. 5, 2021, my husband & 1 dined in at their buffet that costs 599 each since its our last night in Bora. Unfo... rtunately my husband got sick after eating the clams from the buffet. Both of us ate all whats in the buffet except with the clams. Im 1 month pregnant as well thats why im picky with the foods i eat. 6pm we started eating then finished at 9:30pm. Around 11pm my husband started to puke & defecate a lot. At 3 am he started to feel worse. I gave him oresol & bioflu for first aid but upon assessment he needs to be hydrated. I called front desk of La Carmela & they assisted us to & from St. Gabriel Hospital. My husband got stable from the IV meds & fluids. Lab tests results came out & he was diagnosed with AMOEBIASIS. Amoebiasis can be transmitted by: ingestion of faecally contaminated food or water containing amoebic cysts. Well of course i contacted Henann since thats the only restaurant we ate that night. Initial reaction was to catch their attention informing them about the situation. At first i was asking for them to assist us or shoulder only half of the hospital bill that was 8k. I was coordinating and as per protocol since my husband was the only one infected out of 120 guests that night, its not possible for them to shoulder it. My point was, what if it just manifested earlier to my husband? Not all individuals have same reaction with what they eat. My husband eats seafood in Manila & for 32 yrs, it was his first time to be on IV infusion. It means high amoebic cysts where in the clams. They did was useless phone calls instead of helping us. They did not extend any help. Very rude customer service. They ruined our honeymoon plus they put my husband's life in danger. Thank goodness i didnt ate anything from the seafoods. We are all worried especially in this time of Covid but they didnt extend any help even a gatorade, banana or our transfer since we were late in the airport. Attached on the next email are proofs of our dine in, labs & hospital bill. Hoping that you reprimand or whatever you can do. I can do bashing to them but it wont do anything. The damage has been done. Feb 5, 2021 ”
February 11, 2021 7:16 AM
“February 6 2021, Market side chicken ceaser salad Vomiting, stomach pains, sulfuric belching and vomiting, symptoms started 6 hours after eating salad. It's February 11 and still feel sick. ”
February 7, 2021 7:41 AM
“I ordered a few items but believe the chicken slider was the culprit
I have had major diarrhea with blood in my stool.... I had some chills as well, all taking place about 8hrs after eating it. So far I am on day 2, just the cramps and blood now. Definitely food poisoning. ”
February 12, 2021 11:18 PM
“I ate there at 2 pm on 2/12/21. I ate chipotle chicken and avocado melt. I am having stomach cramps ”
February 19, 2021 10:27 AM
“Ate fully cooked,Previously frozen sea scallops At 7:00 PM Severe stomach cramping by 9:00 PM followed by diarrhea for 3 days ”
March 2, 2021 10:46 PM
“My family ate there.
An hour after eating 1 family member started with diarrhea. The other vomited twice. Hours after the other 2 family members got very sick with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramping, and a low grade temp. Today makes day number 3 and family continues with the above sympto... ms.
It started Sunday 2/28/21 ”