Thank you for your report!
IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Goodbye! and best wishes in your recovery
Hard-boiled eggs sold at Wal-Mart, Costco, Kroger and more - Possible Listeria Contamination
December 25, 2019 9:25 PM
On December 18th, the FDA notified Almark Foods that Hard-Boiled and Peeled eggs manufactured at the Gainesville, GA facility may be associated with a Listeria monocytogenes outbreak that has been linked to several reported illnesses and one reported death. A more recent FDA sample from the facility also matched the outbreak strain, indicating the possibility that the contamination may still be present.
The hard-boiled eggs were sold nationwide at Wal-Mart, Costco, Kroger, ShopRite, Giant Eagle, LIDL, Fresh Thyme, and more. They could be sold as but not limited to the following brands: 7 Select, Best Choice, Egglands Best, Everyday Essentials, Fresh Thyme, Giant Eagle, Great Day, Great Value, Inspired Organics, Kirkland Signature, Kroger, LIDL, Lucerne, and Members Mark.
Customers who have purchased these products are urged to immediately discard and not consume the products. The affected product can be identified by viewing the printed “Best If Used By” date coding on the product package. If the “Best If Used By” code starts with the prefix “G”, the product was manufactured at the company’s Gainesville, Georgia facility and is subject to this recall.
For a full list of products click here: fda.gov
September 26, 2020 12:50 PM
“Orange juice great vale I had severe diarrhea last nand this morning.just me! 7 hours. Stolach pains.cramps.going to puke 🤢 this morning ”
September 26, 2020 9:00 AM
“Report date: Sep 23, 2020
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site for all employees. Must provide a written employee health policy verified by all employees. Priority foundation violati... on 7-38-010 citation issued.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: no written cleaning procedure or required equipment for a vomit/diarrhea event. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
6. Proper eating, tasting, drinking, or tobacco use
- comments: observed employee eating in the food preparation area. Employees must not eat in food prep areas, must provide a designated area for employees to eat.
16. Food-contact surfaces: cleaned & sanitized
- comments: plastic ice chute for dispensing ice on the ice machine/soda system found dirty. Must clean and maintain.
22. Proper cold holding temperatures
- comments: observed approximatly 60 lbs assorted meat and cheese taquitos at improper temperatures in a prep cooler ranging in temperatures between 55. 9f to 57. 7f. All taquitos discarded. Approximate value at $120. 00. Priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
33. Proper cooling methods used; adequate equipment for temperature control
- comments: observed one door prep cooler, used for the above mentioned taquitos, not able to maintain adequate temperature. Cooler noted at 60. 6f with the above mentioned taquitos at 55. 9f and above. Cooler tagged held for inspection and must not use until repaired and maintains a temperature of 41f or below, c. D. P. H. Contacted for re-inspection and tag removal. Priority violation 7-38-005 citation issued.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: observed food handler not wearing a hat or hair restraint. Must provide for food handlers.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: prep area wiping cloths must be held in a container with a sanitizing solution in between use.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: cabibnet shelving under the coffee station hand sink dirty with soiled cardboard as liner. Must clean and maintain. -----must not use cardboard as liner for shelving inside the walk-in cooler and throughout facility. Surfaces must be smooth and cleanable.
53. Toilet facilities: properly constructed, supplied, & cleaned
- comments: observed dirty toilet in the north washroom. Must clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: dirty floor drain at the soda dispensing system. Must clean and maintain.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: noted employees personal belongings in the food preparation area. Must provide designated storage area not in food prep or dry food storage for employees personal belongings.
64. Public health nuisance
- comments: observed an employee and the owners mother in the food prep area within 6ft of each other and conversing without wearing a face covering. Also noted during the inspection a customer allowed to enter the business, self-serve a beverage, without wearing a face covering. Instructed all employees and customers are required to wear face coverings. Citation issued 7-28-060.
Source: chicago.gov ”
September 26, 2020 4:48 AM
“Stomach pain, worsening at night. Feels like I have to vomit but won't ”
September 25, 2020 3:41 PM
“We purchased Kirkland Panko Breaded Shrimp on 09/17/2020, we placed the frozen food in a insulated bag and went straight home. On 09/18/2020 I prepared the shrimp per instructions. After around 8hrs I became very nauseated with violent stomach pains. I was using the restroom when I had a sudden urge... to vomit. Next came bloody diarrhea, which lasted two days. My abdomen was tender and painful with frequent gas over several days. ”
September 25, 2020 2:22 AM
“I consumed the Creamy Mushroom Mushroom Pot Pie purchased from there and experienced intense nausea and vomiting some hours later. I have been able to rule out all other food consumed during the day. ”
September 24, 2020 7:20 PM
“The Great Value salmon had a funny light colour to it and it tasted funny. ”
Recent Interesting Reports
September 3, 2020 7:14 AM
“Me and my son had it yesterday evening. Stomach pains started a couple of hours later, then diarrhea not long after which has been ongoing through the night and today aswell as being sick ”
September 3, 2020 12:13 AM
“On 9/1/20, I had Reduced Fat (Chinese) Chicken Salad for lunch (around 12pm). A few hours later, I became very nauseous. I have spent all day feeling nauseous with constant trips to the bathroom to vomit. It is now Day 2 as I am writing this post and again, I have spent all day very nauseous with tr... ips to the bathroom to throw up. Not fun at all. I’m miserable! BUYER BEWARE of Their SALADS! ”
September 18, 2020 4:30 PM
September 14, 2020 6:14 PM
“Chicken dinners there Within a few minutes ”
September 13, 2020 12:42 AM
“Portabello mushroom caps I ate two raw caps from the grocery store. Only mw got sick. It took a couple hours to feel unwell. ”
August 31, 2020 5:03 PM
“Took my special needs person there. Both ended up having diarrhea, vomitting, and nausea, myself about 3 hours after, my special needs person about 8 hours after. We shared the same meal and was the only meal we shared within that week so it is only this specific that could have given us both food p... oisoning. ”
September 16, 2020 7:54 AM
“I ate a burger I’m throwing up the meat was raw and pink I got a buger was at work throwing up dierras and sweats I’m going to the hospital now ”
September 10, 2020 6:30 PM
“Chicken strips.... were barely warm. 39 minutes later I had severe cramping and diarrhea I was the only one who ate and I ordered the chicken strips. I ate them on the way home and about 30 minutes later I had severe cramping and diarrhea ”
September 14, 2020 7:17 PM
“I ate fish from there and after few hours i had vomits and diarrhea. Today morning , i am having crampa and watery diarrhea.i have picture for fish and credit card bill i ordered fish and asked them to fry, when i reached home i had shortness of breath and at 1 am i had bid vomits. Since morning i a... m having cramps and nausea and watery diarrhea ”