Report date: May 8, 2020
1. Person in charge present, demonstrates knowledge, and performs duties
- comments: person in charge does not have a city of chicago sanitation certificate. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued.
2. City of chicago food service sanitation certificate
- comments: no city of chicago certified food manager on site while tcs foods are being prepared and served such as roast beef at 40. 1f. Priority foundation violation 7-38-012. No citation issued.
3. Management, food employee and conditional employee; knowledge, responsibilities and reporting
- comments: no written employee health policy on site. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-010. No citation issued.
5. Procedures for responding to vomiting and diarrheal events
- comments: no written cleaning procedure or required equipment for a vomiting/diarrhea event. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
9. No bare hand contact with rte food or a pre-approved alternative procedure properly allowed
- comments: observed bare hand contact with ready to eat foods. Cook observed handling ready to eat bread and chopped ready to eat bacon with one bare hand and one gloved hand. Instructed no bare hand contact with ready to eat foods. Priority violation 7-38-010. No citation issued.
10. Adequate handwashing sinks properly supplied and accessible
- comments: no paper towels or hand drying device in the employee washroom. Must provide at all times. Priority foundation violation 7-38-030(c) no citation issued.
15. Food separated and protected
- comments: observed raw animal origin eggs being stored on shelving directly above prepared ready to eat lettuce in a tall reach-in cooler. Instructed to store all foods protected. Lettuce discarded/eggs removed. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
21. Proper hot holding temperatures
- comments: observed marinara sauce being held in a hot holding unit at an improper temperature of 98. 6f. Instructed all hot food must be held at a minimum temperature of 135f or greater. Sauce removed. Priority violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed the following prepared, tcs foods not properly date labeled. Sliced cheese, roast beef, with no labels. All prepared, ready to eat tcs foods must be properly date labeled with an expiration date no longer than 7 days. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
36. Thermometers provided & accurate
- comments: broken internal thermometer in the cooks line cheese cooler. Instructed to replace.
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: all bulk food containers must be properly labeled with the product common name.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: torn mesh screening on the bottom of the rear kitchen exit door to the alley. Instructed to repair/replace mesh screening to be tight fitting, rodent and insect proofed.
40. Personal cleanliness
- comments: all food handlers must wear effective hair and beard restraints.
41. Wiping cloths: properly used & stored
- comments: all prep area wiping cloths must be held in a container with a sanitizing solution in between use.
48. Warewashing facilities: installed, maintained & used; test strips
- comments: no chlorine chemical test strips on site for monitoring sanitizing levels at the three compartment sink. Must provide. Priority foundation violation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: interior of the tall reach-in freezer with excessive ice build up. Instructed to remove, clean and maintain.
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: walls in the following areas damaged with chipping, peeling plaster and paint: walls surrounding the rear hand washing sink, walls at the rear prep table and walls at the rear clean pot/pan storage shelving. Must be smooth and cleanable. ----must not use expanding spray foam sealant along floor baseboards behind prep tables. Spray foam on the wall back splash of the steam table. Must seal any openings with a smooth, cleanable material. ----missing and damaged floor tiles in the rear prep area. Must repair/replace to be smooth and cleanable.
56. Adequate ventilation & lighting; designated areas used
- comments: employees must not store personal belongings in/on dry food storage. Must provide a designated area for employees belongings.
58. Allergen training as required
- comments: no proof of allergen training or certificates for all the city of chicago certified food managers. Must provide.