Thank you for your report!
IMPORTANT - YOUR REPORT IS QUEUED - IT MAY TAKE UP TO 12 HOURS FOR YOUR REPORT TO SHOW ON OUR HOME PAGE (IF NOT OPTED AS PRIVATE)
Goodbye! and best wishes in your recovery
Avocados are healthy but can cause food poisoning. As recently as March 2019, avocados have been recalled for listeria contamination. Along with listeria, salmonella is also a common cause of avocado food poisoning and can occur when bacteria transfer from the peel to the flesh when being cut.
August 20, 2020 9:00 AM
“Report date: Aug 14, 2020
23. Proper date marking and disposition
- comments: observed ready to eat, temperature control for safety foods (chicken)not properly dated , stored longer than 24 hours in coolers. Instructed to provide proper date marking with disposition date for rte foods prepared o... n site and held over 24 hours in cold holding unit. Priority foundation violation. No citation issued. 7-38-005
29. Compliance with variance/specialized process/haccp
- comments: observed facility not meeting variance requirements for specialized processing. Noted that facility is making yogurt on site with out haccp. Product stored in large cooking pots in walk in cooler during inspection. Informed person in charge that documentation and procedures must be submitted and approved by cdph prior to preforming such specialized food processes. Product voluntarily discarded by manager. Priority foundation 7-38-005 citation issued.
32. Variance obtained for specialized processing methods
- comments: observed no variance on site for special process yogurt production. Manager instructed to discontinue the yogurt making process until a variance and haccp are approved by the health department. Priority foundation violation #7-38-005 combined with violation # 29
37. Food properly labeled; original container
- comments: prepackaged foods on display (egg pudding,avocado shake) not properly labeled. Must label packages with food name, ingredients, net contents, source and list of allergens. Priority foundation 7-38-005. No citation issued.
38. Insects, rodents, & animals not present
- comments: observed an approximately 1/2 inch opening under basement rear entry door. Must make door tight fitting.
49. Non-food/food contact surfaces clean
- comments: must clean and maintain clean shelving in walk in cooler
55. Physical facilities installed, maintained & clean
- comments: must clean and maintain clean floors in food prep area
60. Previous core violation corrected
- comments: previously cited core violations from june 17/2019 report # 2293703 observed not corrected. Violation #41 wiping cloth for wiping the prep tables, chopping board, coolers, must be stored on a bucket with sanitizing solution in between uses. Violation #47 must replace grocery bag being used to store frozen fish and raw meat, with food grade storage bag. Violation #58 all certified food service sanitation managers must obtain an allergen training certificate priority foundation violation 7-42-090 citation issued
Source: chicago.gov ”
August 13, 2020 2:57 PM
August 12, 2020 8:51 AM
“not sure I ate organic avocados, spinach, and kale on Sunday and Monday morning was very sick with severe stomach pain, diarrhea and headache. I still have symptoms this morning—Wednesday but less severe ”
August 7, 2020 12:07 PM
“I had avocado toast for breakfast. An I was the only person to eat it, had two slices of toast with mashed avocado and cayenne pepper. Started to feel nauseous about 30 minutes later, with vomiting and diarrhea a few times since. ”
August 5, 2020 11:26 PM
“Not sure but possibly an overly ripe avocado I ate an avocado a few hours ago that was overly ripe. I cut out the dark areas and thought it would be fine. There was also marks on the skin that were questionable. Now I have diarrhea and stomach pains. ”
August 5, 2020 4:43 PM
“I ate 3 rolls of sushi made with brown rice (shrimp/avocado, spicy tuna, yellowtail/scallion) and cream cheese jalepeno tempura. 4 hours later I had a few rounds of diarrhea and it seemed to be done with. An hour later, it came back tenfold, and I must have been on the toilet 30 times over 7 hours w... ith diarrhea, chills and involuntary shakes, temperature sensitivity to hold and cold and lightheadedness. Today those symptoms are gone, just feel weak and drained and lost 3lbs from that one night's experience. ”
August 2, 2020 1:16 PM
Recent Interesting Reports
Kirkland Signature protein bar Cookie Dough, Costco Wholesale, 183A, Cedar Park, TX 78613, United States
August 28, 2020 10:00 AM
“I’ve eaten these protein bars many times! We ran out so bought a new box. Sunday night I wanted one so at 9:30pm are one. I had been totally fine all day and hadn’t eaten since 5pm so wanted a treat. Within 15-20 min my stomach started hurting very bad. That turned into massive stomach pain and vomi... ting within 40 min. I then was up all night with serious pain. Monday morning I wake to severe diarrhea cramps. I think I ran to the toilet 50 times that day, that night I feel very unwell. Tuesday I feel like death and I have severe stomach cramps. Wednesday more diarrhea. Thursday I’m a little better. Im still cramping but not as intense and I can finally eat a little bit without getting ill. Now it’s Friday and I’m still having cramping but no diarrhea so I hope this is almost over. I lost a week of my life hanging out in the bathroom. Thank goodness for Pepto 🎉 ”
August 22, 2020 9:14 AM
“Two hours after eating a hamburger and hot dog on August 21, 2020 at 1:42PM I had severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. It was so bad I went to bed, got up for the bathroom every 20 minutes, and did not feel better for 15 hours. ”
September 13, 2020 10:11 PM
“Grilled chicken salad. ”
August 24, 2020 8:04 AM
“cold quiche I had a cold quiche Tuesday night started getting symptoms Thursday spent 4 days in bed had to go to the out of hours gp got anti sickness tablets and a stool sample to be sent to the hospital ”
September 16, 2020 4:40 PM
“I ate the vegetarian dumplings at noon and at 2:30 the stomach cramps started. My husband, too ”
August 31, 2020 5:40 PM
“The FSA announced the recall of Greggs frozen 2 pack steak bakes by Greggs because the product might may contain small pieces of plastic. The presence of plastic makes this product unsafe to eat. This product is exclusively sold in Iceland Stores and does not affect the products sold in Greggs.
F... SA advises consumers not to eat the recalled product. Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund.
- Greggs Steak Bakes (2 pack) (280g). Best before: 20 December 2020 / 22 December 2020 / 23 December 2020
Check the full recall details on food.gov.uk
Source: FSA ”
August 26, 2020 7:31 PM
“I ate a salad with arugula, goat cheese, and tomatoes that might be the culprit. I opened a fresh pack of boreheads salami too earlier that day but I don't think it was that. ”
September 1, 2020 8:12 PM
“I suspect mayonnaise in cup at room temperature One person ate food from there and that person got sick. Symptoms started about 8 hours after eating. Server offered mayonnaise and ketchup but only the ketchup was in packets. The mayo was in a plastic cup under the counter. I don't think that is a r... efrigerated area. ”
August 25, 2020 9:51 AM
“Salad 6hours, stomach started cramping then got diarrhea, stomach pain was horrible for over 48 hours, was hot and cold and just mostly slept, husband said I was clammy, felt dehydrated. ”